Fix List

Last post 09-30-2013, 2:44 PM by Bluepark. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-23-2013, 10:08 AM 78005

Fix List

I've integrated the latest version into our software, it's actually the PHP version but you've closed the PHP forum for some reason.  Hopefully you'll be opening that up again soon.

General issues that need fixing (most important):

The Copy button creates a bizarre issue when you then try to paste into a text box, either as plain text in the editor or in another text field (or even Notepad).  All of the spaces are removed.  Using CTRL+C doesn't exhibit this problem.  The fault lies in the JS, so I can't fix this.

The Internal Links drop-down works, but only if the link text labels don't overrun horizontally.  If the link text is too wide, creating a horizontal scrollbar, then the off-page links are cut off and will not display.  Using the expander button while you're mid-scroll also causes problems, changing the offset and losing links at the top.  This feature needs a lot of work, it also seems a little over-engineered looking at the source.  You could just have used a DIV with overflow: scroll.  CSS is so much more efficient than JS, why reinvent the wheel?

PHP specific issues (that I've fixed):

include_cs2.php, line 409:

Change:

$element->setAttribute("v",$item);

To:

$element->setAttribute("v",iconv("ISO-8859-15", "UTF-8", $item));

If any of the filenames in a directory contain special characters, commands like Insert Image create the "error 2" response and nothing is displayed.  This is because you need to force strings to be UTF-8 to be valid XML.  I recommend that you include my fix above as standard.

ajaxuploaderhandler.php, line 520:

$cd=dirname($this->GetWebPath(__FILE__));

I've had to use my own custom fix for this, it will differ per server type.  The __FILE__ constant resolves symlinks, so if you have one installation of the editor and use symlinks to link to it from each of your sites, the GetWebPath() function will fail spectacularly and the editor will simply not work at all.  My fix involved replacing the first part of the path with $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'], which reflects the current location without resolving the symlink.  Perhaps you might want to include a variable people can set to specify their own path if it's not auto-detected correctly.  I knew where to look, but many won't.

And finally...

Is it possible to disable the mobile skin?  Our users aren't finding it particularly intuitive.  At the very least, I don't think it should be displayed when using an iPad, that should be able to use the full version.

Other than these issues, I do think it's a good update to the editor.  Just some teething problems. 

•  09-23-2013, 1:03 PM 78007 in reply to 78005

Re: Fix List

Hi Bluepark,

I think you are using the Rich TextEditor php version 8.1.

Issue 1

Can you show me the full steps to reproduce this issue on demo http://phphtmleditor.com/demo/? If needs special content to reproduce it, please post here too.

Issue 2

What custom  Internal Links you are testing? can you show me the full code of your  custom "\richtexteditor\config\staticlinks.xml"? So we can test it directly.

Issue 3

I will report the path problem and your fix code to the development team, thanks for share the info. 

Issue 4

Please try the way below to disable the mobile layout.

open /richtexteditor/scripts/loader.js ,

and remove this line :

skin = "phone-lightsilver";

Regards,

Ken 

•  09-24-2013, 8:22 AM 78010 in reply to 78007

1.  Select the first paragraph of text, click the Copy or Cut button on the toolbar, open Notepad on your PC, CTRL+V to paste.  The paragraph is pasted and all of the spaces have been removed.  This happens irrespective of the browser, and not just on the PHP version.

2.  To be honest, this isn't specific to us.  Just add enough links, and wide enough links, so that both vertical and horizontal scrollbars are displayed.  The links off-screen aren't displayed when you scroll down.  It's very easy to test, it happens in all browsers.  Our editor can't be accessed publically, you'll need to trust me on this one - I spent a couple of hours trying to find a fix, it's a bug.  It's something to do with the parent DIV being overflow: hidden, the links exist but disappear.  As I say, my workaround was to truncate the link text so that a horizontal scrollbar isn't displayed.

I have a new bug - go to your demo, click in a table cell and try to use the "merge cells" function.  It is always greyed out, nothing I do will make the button functional.  Is there any way to merge cells?  I think this must be a bug.

•  09-24-2013, 4:05 PM 78013 in reply to 78010

As well as Merge Cells not working at all, there is another bug.

1. Go to your demo, select any text
    2. Click Insert Document
    3. Select any file, set the Target to New Window
    4. Add the link, then view the source

Here's an example of the HTML you're generating:

<a href="/guest/10n2.jpg" style="target:_blank">When</a

Should be:

<a href="/guest/87.194.212.121/10n2.jpg" target="_blank">When</a>

We need some pretty urgent fixes on these issues please. 

•  09-26-2013, 3:32 PM 78021 in reply to 78013

Hi Bluepark,

I can reproduce the paste issue, Internal link issue and the insert document issue. but the merge cell function works fine for me. Below is the screensho to show what I got. What browser/ version you are testing?

The issues has reported to the development tam, once issue is fix, I will keep you posted.

Regards,

Ken 

•  09-28-2013, 11:43 AM 78031 in reply to 78021

You're absolutely right - merge cells does work, sorry.  I see now that you have to select the cells by clicking and dragging.  What threw myself and my users was that this works differently to the previous version.  Thanks for the information.
  •  09-29-2013, 3:16 PM 78032 in reply to 78021

We're getting a large number of complaints from Safari users on the Mac, we're told that copying and pasting is problematic.  We'd appreciate it very much if you could test your editor on this platform as Macs are very popular these days.  We don't have one in the office, so we can't verify these claims ourselves, but there are too many reports for it to be coincidental.
  •  09-30-2013, 2:44 PM 78036 in reply to 78021

Going back to Merge Cells - it doesn't work in Firefox.  Try it on your demo, using Firefox.  You won't get a red outline.  You get a blue outline, but the Merge Cells button stays greyed out and unclickable.

View as RSS news feed in XML