Unable to get XSD files to show in file dialog even though they are included in the allowed file extensions

Last post 04-16-2013, 3:14 PM by cutechat. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-04-2013, 5:02 PM 77162

Unable to get XSD files to show in file dialog even though they are included in the allowed file extensions

Using the uploader with ASP.NET MVC 3 (Razor), I have configured the uploader like this:

private void InitializeUploader(MvcUploader uploader)

{

uploader.UploadUrl = Response.ApplyAppPathModifier("~/UploadHandler.ashx");

uploader.Name = "testFileUploader";

uploader.MultipleFilesUpload = true;

uploader.InsertText = "Add Files";

uploader.InsertButtonID = "testFileSelector";

uploader.AllowedFileExtensions = "xsd,xml";

uploader.MaxSizeKB = 2097151;

}

Then when the file dialog is pointed at a directory with both XML and XSD files, only the XML files are visible:

Notice the drop down above the "open" and "cancel" buttons reads "(*.xml,*.xml)".

Is my configuration incorrect? Or am I missing something?

When you select the "All Files" filter you see there is in fact an XSD file in the directory:

•  04-05-2013, 1:03 PM 77170 in reply to 77162

Re: Unable to get XSD files to show in file dialog even though they are included in the allowed file extensions

Hi alonsorobles,

Yes, I can reproduce this issue too. I will report it to the development team to check it.

Regards,

Ken 

•  04-15-2013, 3:05 PM 77233 in reply to 77170

Re: Unable to get XSD files to show in file dialog even though they are included in the allowed file extensions

Any update on this?
  •  04-16-2013, 12:04 PM 77234 in reply to 77233

Hi alonsorobles,

The developer still working on it, once issue is fix, I will keep you posted. Sorry for your inconvenience.

Regards,

Ken 

•  04-16-2013, 3:14 PM 77237 in reply to 77162

alonsorobles ,

It's a limitation of the HTML5 <input> now.

The XSD mimetype is application/xml , and the browser will handle it as "*.xml"

So , for HTML5 upload mode , it's not able to select XSD if you want to hide other file types.

Here's two options :

1 - add this script to let HTML5 mode allow select any files :

<script> 

function CuteWebUI_AjaxUploader_OnInitialize()
    {
          this.internalobject.SetDialogAccept("*");//which mean HTML5 <input type='file' accept='*' />
    }

</script>

2 - force the UploadType to Flash or Silverlight to avoid the HTML5 mode

Regards,
    Terry

View as RSS news feed in XML