Unable to find the uploaded file in directory.......

Last post 05-31-2012, 2:26 PM by RandySSullivan. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-31-2012, 11:44 AM 73804

Unable to find the uploaded file in directory.......

Hi,

I've been testing the Ajax Uploader, and it works great. When we deploy it on one of our older web servers running Windows 2003 with IIS 5.2, it works fine, even with large files. When we deploy the same app on our Windows 2008 box with IIS 7.0, we get the dreaded "Unable to find the uploaded file in directory....", when trying to upload larger files. We do not get this error when testing small to medium size files; only large files. We have changed temp directories and double checked permissions, but, again, this error happens only when trying to upload large files (somewhere around 1/2 gig and up). And like I mentioned, this error does not happen when the uploader is deployed on our 2003 box, running IIS 5.2.

Thank you for any help with this!  

Kind regards,
    Randy Sullivan 
  •  05-31-2012, 2:26 PM 73807 in reply to 73804

Re: Unable to find the uploaded file in directory.......

Hi,

I've answered my own question through some research. When in IIS 7 and above the  maxAllowedContentLenghth attribute has to set under the <system.webServer> section in the web.config file for larger files. I found the info here: http://www.webtrenches.com/post.cfm/iis7-file-upload-size-limits   IIS 5 looks under the <system.web> section, which is where I had the maxRequestLength attribute set, and why the app worked in IIS 5.2 on the Windows Server 2003 box. Example...

For IIS 7 and above....

<system.webServer>
        <security>
          <requestFiltering>      
            <requestLimits maxAllowedContentLength="3524288000"></requestLimits>
          </requestFiltering>
        </security>
    . . .

Me dumb dumb!

Thank you anyways guys!

Kind regards,
    Randy Sullivan 

View as RSS news feed in XML