Insert Media Differences Between IE and Firefox

Last post 01-10-2011, 9:08 AM by kazzlo. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-08-2011, 1:22 PM 65635

Insert Media Differences Between IE and Firefox

Can you tell me why when I insert a video under IE, I'm able to view the video when previewing or after publishing, but if I do the same thing under Firefox, I get a placeholder box with a "flash" symbol on it and the video is not playable even when previewing?

See video below.

Thanks,
    Kazzlo

•  01-09-2011, 5:34 PM 65644 in reply to 65635

Re: Insert Media Differences Between IE and Firefox

Dear  Kazzlo,

In firefox, after you insert the flash, you should get the following image in the editor window.

After you submit the form, the correct flash code will be extracted from the editor.
    The reason we do this is to prevent  firefox mess up your flash. First we protect your flash code and show a flash image, when you submit the form, we release the above flash image with your correct flash code.

Thank you for asking
    Eric@cutesoft.net

•  01-09-2011, 5:57 PM 65646 in reply to 65644

Thanks Eric,

Is it expected that Cute Editor would display a Flash symbol even though I inserted an AVI video using Insert Media rather than Insert Flash?  Note that in the video, I use Insert Media and see the Flash symbol after inserting under Firefox, but see the expected behavior under IE7.

Regards,
    Kazzlo
  •  01-10-2011, 9:00 AM 65654 in reply to 65646

Dear Kazzlo,

Is it expected that Cute Editor would display a Flash symbol even though I inserted an AVI video using Insert Media rather than Insert Flash? 

Yes, it is.

Thank you for asking
  •  01-10-2011, 9:08 AM 65655 in reply to 65654

Okay, thanks for the quick feedback, Eric.
View as RSS news feed in XML