AT&T Hosting Issues using Cute Editor WYSIWYG

Last post 09-15-2010, 3:33 PM by Eric. 10 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-13-2010, 1:05 PM 63958

AT&T Hosting Issues using Cute Editor WYSIWYG

Hey Guys,

My Cute Editor components work fine on our Development servers. When I compile our site, upload it to AT&T's servers and try to access an edit page which uses the CuteEditor WYSIWYG, it crashes the server app pool and I get AT&T's generic non-helpful error message "SERVICE UNAVAILABLE." I can click their idiot button links to get the app pool restarted again and do the process all over with no better result.

Everything seems to be in the right places like my all my 'bin' folder files and CuteSoft_Client stuff. My CuteEditor web.config settings also seem to be correct. AT&T wasn't very helpful (shocker!) in being able to provide me with detailed error information from the server end.

Anyone else experience this issue when using CuteEditor on AT&T hosting, if so what's your black magic?
  •  09-13-2010, 1:56 PM 63960 in reply to 63958

Re: AT&T Hosting Issues using Cute Editor WYSIWYG

Dear spencet,

Please follow steps:
    1. download cuteeditor for .net, download link is http://cutesoft.net/downloads/folders/cute_editor_current_releases/entry21904.aspx
    2. unzip this installation package
    3. open IIS
    4. switch to "Default Web Site" in left tree, right click it, add one  application and let it point to "CuteEditor_for_NET6.6\Framework 2.0", name virtual directory or application as "cuteeditor"
    5. you can visit examples by http://yourdomainname/cuteeditor/cs/default.aspx
    Please tell us whether you can run "default.aspx", it should look like http://cutesoft.net/example/general.aspx

Thank you for asking
  •  09-13-2010, 2:04 PM 63961 in reply to 63960

I do not have have access to the IIS details on the AT&T servers. I can only FTP files up to the web directory.
  •  09-13-2010, 2:16 PM 63963 in reply to 63961

Deat spencet,

Which at&t host plan are you using? please send introduction information of this plan to  eric@cutesoft.net, I will check how you can deploy cuteeditor for .net on this host.

Thank you for asking
  •  09-13-2010, 2:31 PM 63964 in reply to 63963

I certainly appreciate all your help Eric, and I have emailed the information you requested.

Thank you
  •  09-14-2010, 9:17 AM 63993 in reply to 63964

Dear spencet,

Your host supports CuteEditor for .NET installation. You need ask at&t the access credential of administrator panel.If you can login to administrator panel, you will can create virtual directory.

Thank you for asking
  •  09-14-2010, 9:53 AM 63994 in reply to 63964

After recreating the setup from your previous post, on the AT&T server, the default page comes up and inside the editor box where my toolbars and stuff should be it just says this:

"This is a marker file generated by the precompilation tool, and should not be deleted!"
  •  09-14-2010, 11:32 AM 63995 in reply to 63994

Dear spencet,

Can you create one test page which can demo this issue? Please post the url here or send it to eric@cutesoft.net , we will check it.

Thank you for asking
  •  09-14-2010, 11:43 AM 63997 in reply to 63995

Sent in email.
  •  09-15-2010, 9:00 AM 64027 in reply to 63997

Here is the error I get:

•  09-15-2010, 3:33 PM 64033 in reply to 64027

Dear spencet,

In your hosting control panel of at&t, you can find "Application Roots" option, please create one application root and let it point to "CuteEditor_for_NET\Framework 2.0", it will work. I have created one for you and sent its url through email, you can try it. 

Thank you for asking
View as RSS news feed in XML