Image Upload error when using the flash uploader

Last post 05-12-2010, 8:39 PM by cutechat. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-11-2010, 2:25 PM 60918

Image Upload error when using the flash uploader

I am receiving the following error when uploading an image via flash:

Unable to find the uploaded file in directory: C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\

This occurs in Firefox 3.6 and Safari 4. I can upload successfully with Silverlight in IE8, and can upload successfully with the html uploader in all three browsers. From what I can tell, I am running the latest version (6.6), and we are using .Net 2.0. Is there a specific configuration for the flash uploader which I may have missed? Everything else seems to be working just fine.

•  05-11-2010, 2:34 PM 60919 in reply to 60918

Re: Image Upload error when using the flash uploader

•  05-11-2010, 3:09 PM 60921 in reply to 60919

I added the CuteEditorTempPath and gave the Network Service account full control on that directory, but the only difference is that the error message gives me the new directory instead of c:\windows\temp. And the silverlight and html uploaders still work correctly.
  •  05-11-2010, 3:26 PM 60922 in reply to 60921

For others who may have this issue, I found out the problem was due to flash operating outside of the current session instance. The entire site is password protected with forms authentication, so when flash tried to call the url to upload, it was being redirected to the login page. Silverlight apparently stays within the current context so it's authenticated. Adding this opens it up so it works:

<location path="CuteSoft_Client/CuteEditor/Uploader.ashx">
            <system.web>
                <authorization>
                    <allow users="*"/>
                </authorization>
            </system.web>
        </location>

The downside of course is that now anyone can upload files to the server.
  •  05-12-2010, 8:39 PM 60965 in reply to 60922

Hi,

Thanks for your information. Once the page is being redirected , the server will not returns http error, so Flash will not report error too.

By the way, did you add UploadModule into web.config ? If so , uploader will not use that Uploader.ashx, and the UploadModule will help the ASP.NET recieve the Flash uploaded file before your auth code.

Regards,
    Terry
View as RSS news feed in XML