Javascript Error After Upload

Last post 07-05-2009, 5:31 PM by aschmidt. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-25-2009, 9:06 PM 52490

Javascript Error After Upload

I'm getting the following error after uploading files on my dev box:  
    Microsoft JScript runtime error: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  

The error is coming up at the finally block in Sys.Net.XMLHttpExecutor = function Sys$Net$XMLHttpExecutor() in the MicrosoftAjax.debug.js file.

I wasn't getting this error when running Vista Home Premium (32bit) and now am on Windows 7 RC 1 (64bit).  I have the temp directory set, the files appear in the temp directory but I'm not getting as far as the FileUploaded event before the error hits.  It's happening reliably unfortunately.  My bet is that it's due to a permissions issue but nothing I've tried (impersonation, broadening the permissions for the temp directory, etc...) has worked.  Other pieces currently in use include jQuery 1.3.2, the jQuery cookie plugin, and the jQuery galleriffic plugin.  I'm coding in VS 2008 using c# against .NET 3.5.  Please forgive me if this is useless info, just trying to include anything I can think of that might be having an impact.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated as I'm currently stumped and hate the idea of dropping back to Vista over this one issue.  Thank you.

Adam Schmidt
  •  05-26-2009, 11:35 PM 52533 in reply to 52490

Re: Javascript Error After Upload

Hi,

I think that is a server side exception when the uploader try to call the MS-Ajax postback.

Please try this to confirm it :

<script>
    function CuteWebUI_AjaxUploader_OnPostBack()
    {
    alert("The file is uploaded , there will be a server error soon.");
    }
    </script>

Please post some screen shot too..

Regards,
    Terry
  •  05-27-2009, 7:31 PM 52568 in reply to 52533

Terry,

I inserted the script you requested and I'm not getting an alert.  Was there something more I should have done with it aside from inserting it into the page? (I did add a type parm to the script on the second attempt in case that was preventing it from executing).

This is from the page itself. I'm getting occasional and apparently random errors about the temp directory as seen below:

Of course I've just spent another 20 minutes trying to get it to do it again so I could capture a screenshot of the actual error message and it's not getting that same error.

However, upon the upload completing for all of the files, I'm reliably getting the following error:

Again, many thanks to you for your help.  Please let me know if there's anything I can try or information I can send that will help in isolating the problem.

Adam
  •  05-27-2009, 11:28 PM 52575 in reply to 52568

Hi,

I am sorry , it should be (Postback not PostBack):

<script>
    function CuteWebUI_AjaxUploader_OnPostback()
    {
    alert("The file is uploaded , there will be a server error soon.");
    }
    </script>

I think that is server side error , and maybe that is caused by the new version of MSAJAX.

We will also test it .

Regards,
    Terry

•  05-28-2009, 8:18 AM 52595 in reply to 52575

Terry, thank you.

I'll try the script tonight and get back to you with the results.  Seriously, thank you. I really appreciate your help in tracking this down.

Adam
  •  05-28-2009, 6:13 PM 52619 in reply to 52595

Yes, I get the alert before the error occurs.  And like I said earlier, I'm running Windows 7 RC1 with VS 2008 (I don't have the VS 2010 beta) if that helps in nailing down my version of MSAJAX.
  •  06-05-2009, 7:59 AM 52820 in reply to 52619

Just checking in to see if there's any progress on this.  Thank you for all of your help and I hope you guys have a great weekend.

Adam
  •  06-05-2009, 11:44 AM 52831 in reply to 52820

Hi,

We are still inverstigating on this issue.

Regards,
    Terry

•  07-05-2009, 5:31 PM 53740 in reply to 52831

It's been a month and a half now and Windows 7 ships in 3 months.  Any chance this issue has been resolved?
View as RSS news feed in XML