5-second delay before upload button available

Last post 05-20-2009, 8:53 AM by delamitry. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-12-2009, 4:42 PM 52090

5-second delay before upload button available

We're seeing a 5-second delay whenever the upload button is rendered.  Is there any way to eliminate this delay?

Visitors are unable to click the button until the delay expires.  We've also lost the ability to multi-select when before we could.  We updated to the DLL dated 5/10/09 howver this has not resolved the issue.  This is in IE8.

Thanks,
    Joe Payne
    AbleMods.com AbleCommerce 7 Programming
    Filed under:
  •  05-12-2009, 9:25 PM 52095 in reply to 52090

Re: 5-second delay before upload button available

Joe Payne,

That means the uploader is not able to load Flash/Silverlight , and after 5 seconds, it will convert to IFrame mode.

So it also do not allow multiple select for that issue.

There's many reason that the browser not load the addon.

Please try different PC/browser/network , that will help you and me to find the reason.

Regards,
    Terry
  •  05-13-2009, 8:31 AM 52116 in reply to 52095

Thanks for the response Terry.  I read some other posts and suspected that's where the problem would be.

Here's what I know:

Site is AbleCommerce 7.0 - standard ASP.Net 2.0 storefront app running in IIS on Server 2003.

PC 1:  Windows XP Pro
    In IE8 8.0.6001.18702 the button will not work until the 5-sec delay.

PC 2:  Server 2003 Std
    In IE7 7.0.5730.13 the button will not work until the 5-sec delay.

PC 3:  Server 2003 Std
    In IE7 7.0.5730.13 the button will not work until the 5-sec delay.
    In FireFox 3.0.1 the button WORKS just fine, however the hover style from the CSS theme does not trigger
    In Safari 3.2.2 (525.28.1) the button WORKS just fine, however the hover style from the CSS theme does not trigger

So it seems to be specifically an IE issue.  The question now is why?

Here's what I've tried thus far:
    1.   Force the UploadType="Flash" - no change.
    2.   Change the button to ASP:Hyperlink - no change.
    3.   Installed latest Flash Player - no change.
    4.   Installed latest Shockwave Player - no change.
    5.   Downloaded latest file with DLL dated 5/10/2009 - no change.

* very strange * My local development PC (PC 1) hosts a copy of the IIS storefront and it works just fine in IE.  It's as if it's a server-side issue somehow........

Any help is appreciated.  We're dead with the product unless this can work for IE - the multi select was key to the project. 

Insert button is:

<asp:Button ID="Uploader1Insert" runat="server" Text="Click to Upload Files" />

Here's the HTML code:

<CuteWebUI:Uploader runat="server" ID="Uploader" ProgressCtrlID='Uploader1Progress' ValidateOption-AllowedFileExtensions="jpeg,jpg,pdf,zip,mp3,m4a,ai,eps,rar,psd,aif,wav,doc.txt,rtf" ValidateOption-MaxSizeKB="2048000" InsertButtonID='Uploader1Insert' ProgressTextID='Uploader1ProgressText' MultipleFilesUpload="true" ShowProgressBar="true"/>

•  05-18-2009, 2:15 AM 52257 in reply to 52116

Hi,

Make sure you can download the

or

(the last version changed the Uploader.swf to uploader.swf)

Regards,
    Terry

•  05-19-2009, 8:35 PM 52339 in reply to 52257

Terry,

Thanks for the reply but I do not understand.  Are you wanting me to download those files and install them somewhere?  When I just click on them, I see a blank web page and nothing more.

•  05-20-2009, 8:53 AM 52355 in reply to 52339

If flash is loading, you will be able to right click on that blank page and see if you see the flash dialog.  This is just a test to see if you are able to retrieve a swf file without error.  Do you have any other flash elements on your existing pages and do they work without issue?

Greg
View as RSS news feed in XML