Select Files button disabled in Safari

Last post 01-23-2009, 10:42 AM by cutechat. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-10-2008, 9:19 AM 46746

Select Files button disabled in Safari

I've run into a problem that appears to be a bug in the javascript that disables/enables the button to select files.  During testing, I can only reproduce the bug in Safari (v3.1.2 on Windows to be exact).  It is working just fine in Firefox 3.0.4 and IE 7.0.6.  I have the latest versions of Flash and Silverlight installed and have verified that they are working with all of your samples.

The situation is:

I have a page that inherits from a masterpage.  This page has several areas, one of which is a panel (asp:Panel) .  This panel is hidden/displayed dynamically via the AjaxControlToolkit ModalPopupExtender.  I would like to have the UploadAttachments control within this panel.  In Firefox and IE, this works perfectly.

The problem is:

In Safari, the Select Files button is always disabled.  I tried taking the UploadAttachments control out of the panel and that solved the issue, but it is important to the design of my site that it be within the panel and displayed as a modal popup.  As the control works as it should in Firefox and IE, I assume it should work in Safari as well.

Please advise.

Thanks for the great product and helpful support.

- AJ
    Filed under: , ,
  •  12-10-2008, 9:36 AM 46750 in reply to 46746

Re: Select Files button disabled in Safari

UPDATE:

I have implemented the CuteWebUI_AjaxUploader_OnInitialize javascript function in an attempt to manually enable the Select Files button in Safari.  This works, but when the button is clicked it is displaying the "File Browsing has been blocked." dialog (which disappears immediately after being displayed).

Any ideas why the button is not enabled in the first place?

Any ideas how to avoid the "File Browsing has been blocked." dialog? I see that this has been discusses several times in the past, but resorting to the use of IFrames is not an option because we require that multiple files be selected in the browse dialog.

Thanks!

- AJ
  •  12-13-2008, 10:07 AM 46897 in reply to 46750

Hi,

Flash10 do not allow javascript to open the file dialog , please check this thread:

Regards,
    Terry
  •  01-23-2009, 3:19 AM 48001 in reply to 46746

hi,

i've got exactly the same problem with Safari 3.1.2 in Windows. Is there any solution or workaround available?

From my side thanks for the great product and quick support, too!

Christoph
  •  01-23-2009, 10:42 AM 48021 in reply to 48001

Hi,

Can you post a code so we can make a test ?

Regards,
    Terry
View as RSS news feed in XML