Impossible to upload locked files ?

Last post 11-13-2008, 1:48 PM by cutechat. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-12-2008, 10:35 AM 45644

Impossible to upload locked files ?

Hi,

I'm currently evaluating Ajaxuploader before buying and integrating in my Web 2.0 application. All my needs seem satisfied except for one thing : Clients must be able to upload locked files (opened in Miscrosoft Word on their machine for example). The demo samples (and my tests pojects) send an error message : System.InvalidOperationException: [Common_MethodFailed].....

Is there any option to make it work ?

If not, would it be possible to add this possibility ?

Thank's
    André

•  11-12-2008, 11:03 AM 45645 in reply to 45644

Re: Impossible to upload locked files ?

André,

Just find that is relative to Silverlight. we will fix it soon.

You can specify the UploadType="Flash" or UploadType="IFrame" before we fix it.

Regards,
    Terry
  •  11-12-2008, 12:23 PM 45654 in reply to 45645

Il works !! Thank's a lot.

I think "UploadType="Auto" is good for "best" view experience but "UploadType="IFrame" for plugin independance.
    I'll use IFrame but I'm sill interested in silvertlight debug.
    I'm going to buy it now. Ajaxuploader is realy a good product with a very reactive support.

In an other post I mentionned a problem with visibility during creation time of ajaxuploader.
    More advance investigation show me that the problem was the same with the use of Multiview/View.

While waiting you find a solution, I find an other way. 

Instead of using Visible attribute or Multiview, it's possible to use simple panels with CssClass(es) "Visible" or "Insivible". Programatically changing this CssClass emulate a Visible attribute or the use of a Multiview.

"Visible" and "Invisible" CSS class beeing for example :

.Invisible

{

position:absolute;

top:-3000px;

left:-3000px;

}

.Visible

{

position:relative;

top:0px;

left:0px;

}

Yes. it's a little "makeshift job" but it works well with Ajaxuploader. Hope this can help.

Best regards
    André

•  11-13-2008, 1:48 PM 45706 in reply to 45654

André,

We have found that it's not possible to read the locked file in silverlight code.

So our AjaxUploader are not able to upload the locked file by silverlight mode.

Regards,
    Terry
View as RSS news feed in XML