Text pasted from Word document working & not working.

Last post 04-28-2008, 11:39 PM by maxmo. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-23-2008, 3:37 AM 39681

Text pasted from Word document working & not working.

Before I can continue with my problem I would like to say that I have gone through all the posts discussing on this issue but it seems I have a different probelm.

I am currently using licenced version of CuteEditor 6 for .NET

I downloaded the demo copy from the CuteSoft web site and changed the licence file and move the whole set to my working folder as mentioned below:

D:\MyDocuments\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\eMR\UI\WebClient\CuteEditor

When I see the directory structure, I see following files & direcotires:

23/04/2008  11:16 AM    <DIR>          .
    23/04/2008  11:16 AM    <DIR>          ..
    09/04/2007  10:54 AM             8,482 AdvancedTopics.htm
    09/04/2007  07:54 PM             5,956 Ajax-Web.config
    23/04/2008  09:29 AM    <DIR>          bin
    18/12/2006  11:58 AM            20,479 CommonTasks.htm
    25/04/2007  04:12 AM             5,948 Competitive_Upgrade.htm
    23/04/2008  09:29 AM    <DIR>          cs
    23/04/2008  09:29 AM    <DIR>          CuteSoft_Client
    09/04/2007  09:50 AM            30,372 default.htm
    12/03/2007  12:32 PM             5,529 Deployment.htm
    28/02/2005  04:14 AM                24 empty.css
    09/04/2007  06:22 AM             1,808 example.css
    09/04/2007  05:09 AM            24,062 Feature-Comparison-Chart.htm
    23/04/2008  09:29 AM    <DIR>          HowTo
    23/04/2008  09:29 AM    <DIR>          sampleimage
    23/04/2008  09:29 AM    <DIR>          Templates
    23/04/2008  09:29 AM    <DIR>          Uploads
    23/04/2008  09:29 AM    <DIR>          vb

Now, I already have a virtual directory configured for my project that is pointing to following folder:

D:\MyDocuments\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\eMR\UI\WebClient
    Virtual Path name: eMR

Apart from this I created a new virtual folder that pointing to new folder too:

D:\MyDocuments\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\eMR\UI\WebClient\CuteEditor
    Virtual Path name: CuteEditor2

I did this to test the functionality of the CuteEditor through the project (which uses web.config) and out side project (without web.config)

Now, I opened a word document and typed some sample text with different font and size. The requirement is that when I copy paste this to editor, it should be excately same as its in word.

Here is the sample text that is in word:

------Sample Start------- 

DIAGNOSES:

1. ROAD TRAFFIC ACCIDENT, PEDESTRIAN

2. FRACTURE OF PELVIS, OPEN LOOK

3. DISLOCATION AT SACROILIAC JOINT

4. FRACTURE OF BOTH PUBIC RAMI

5. OPEN INJURY IN LEFT HAND

6. CONTUSION IN RIGHT THIGH AND KNEE

7. SEVER HYPOVOLEMIC SHOCK 

PROCEDURES: STATUS POST LAPAROTOMY, ABDOMINAL AND RECTAL PACKING AND COLOSTOMY

HISTORY: This unknown patient, male, was involved in road traffic accident, brought to trauma room by EMS with sever hypovolemic shock state, took as urgent surgery to OR due to the above mentioed pathology, underwent for laparotomy and abdominal and rectal packing with colostomy.

------Sample End-------

Now, when I go to my project (http://localhost/eMR/CuteEditor/cs/default.aspx) and copy paste the above text in normal mode, I don't see the excate version what I need, when I check the HTML mode I see the following code:

------HTML Code Start-------
    <span style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt">
    <p><strong><span>DIAGNOSES: </span></strong></p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p><strong><span>1. ROAD TRAFFIC ACCIDENT, PEDESTRIAN</span></strong></p>
    <p><strong><span>2. FRACTURE OF PELVIS, OPEN LOOK</span></strong></p>
    <p><strong><span>3. DISLOCATION AT SACROILIAC JOINT</span></strong></p>
    <p><strong><span>4. FRACTURE OF BOTH PUBIC RAMI</span></strong></p>
    <p><strong><span>5. OPEN INJURY IN LEFT HAND</span></strong></p>
    <p><strong><span>6. CONTUSION IN RIGHT THIGH AND KNEE</span></strong></p>
    <p><strong><span>7. SEVER HYPOVOLEMIC SHOCK&nbsp; </span></strong></p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p><strong><span>PROCEDURES: STATUS POST LAPAROTOMY, ABDOMINAL AND RECTAL PACKING AND COLOSTOMY </span></strong></p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p><span>&nbsp;&nbsp;</span></p>
    <p><strong><span>HISTORY:</span></strong><span> This unknown patient, male, was involved in road traffic accident, brought to trauma room by EMS with sever hypovolemic shock state, took as urgent surgery to OR due to the above mentioed pathology, underwent for laparotomy and abdominal and rectal packing with colostomy.</span></p>
    <br />
    <br />
    </span>

------HTML Code End------

When I do the same from second virtual director (http://localhost/CuteEditor2/cs/default.aspx) I get what I want and here is the HTML code for the same that is generated by the editor:

-----HTML Start-----

&nbsp;
    <p><strong><span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'">DIAGNOSES: </span></strong></p>
    <p><strong><span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman','serif'">1. ROAD TRAFFIC ACCIDENT, PEDESTRIAN</span></strong></p>
    <p><strong><span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman','serif'">2. FRACTURE OF PELVIS, OPEN LOOK</span></strong></p>
    <p><strong><span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'">3. DISLOCATION AT SACROILIAC JOINT</span></strong></p>
    <p><strong><span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Verdana','sans-serif'">4. FRACTURE OF BOTH PUBIC RAMI</span></strong></p>
    <p><strong><span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Verdana','sans-serif'">5. OPEN INJURY IN LEFT HAND</span></strong></p>
    <p><strong><span style="font-size: 14pt; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'">6. CONTUSION IN RIGHT THIGH AND KNEE</span></strong></p>
    <p><strong><span style="font-size: 14pt; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'">7. SEVER HYPOVOLEMIC SHOCK&nbsp; </span></strong></p>
    <p><strong><span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'">PROCEDURES: STATUS POST LAPAROTOMY, ABDOMINAL AND RECTAL PACKING AND COLOSTOMY </span></strong></p>
    <p><span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'">&nbsp;&nbsp;</span></p>
    <p><strong><span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'">HISTORY:</span></strong><span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'"> This unknown patient, male, was involved in road traffic accident, brought to trauma room by EMS with sever hypovolemic shock state, took as urgent surgery to OR due to the above mentioed pathology, underwent for laparotomy and abdominal and rectal packing with colostomy.</span></p>
    -----HTML End------

You will see the difference in <span> tags in both version.

Here is what I have in default.aspx

<CE:Editor id="Editor1" EditorWysiwygModeCss="../example.css" runat="server" ></CE:Editor>

My Question:
    1. How do I get excate output on my Editor as what I have in Word Document
    2. Do I need to add something in web.config for this to happen

Amjad Khan
  •  04-23-2008, 11:10 AM 39696 in reply to 39681

Re: Text pasted from Word document working & not working.

maxmo,

Please check the following example and find the correct solution for your situation:

The source code of this example is included in the download package.

asp.net Chat http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+Chat/default.aspx
    Web Messenger: http://cutesoft.net/Web-Messenger/default.aspx
    asp.net wysiwyg editor: http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+WYSIWYG+Editor/default.aspx
    asp wysiwyg html editor: http://cutesoft.net/ASP
    asp.net Image Gallery: http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+Image+Gallery/default.aspx
    Live Support: http://cutesoft.net/live-support/default.aspx

•  04-24-2008, 12:09 AM 39715 in reply to 39696

Dear Adam,

Thanks for your instant reply, but if you look into my original post detaily you will understand my problem.

I am using same code without any changes that I downloaded from CuteSoft website and also runing from same location. With only difference being that its called from two different Virtual Directory.

The original virtual directory that is currently configured for my project uses Web.config for project management. Whereas the new virtual directory pointing to CuteEditor folder does not use any web.config

When I run my project and check CuteEditor demo file, it does not give me desired output, that is copy paste from word is not same as its in the word. But, when I check the same code through new virtual directory it works perfectly fine.

Same code running from same folder location through different virtual directories is behaving differently. As mentioned in my original post, I want to know if I need to add anything in web.config file or any other place in my original project for CuteEditor to behave as it behaves when configured for standalone website.

Thanks for your support and I have been reading other posts answered by you, it's really informative and I really appreciate your patients in replying all the quires.

Thanks again...

Regards,

Amjad Khan.

Amjad Khan
  •  04-24-2008, 3:40 AM 39718 in reply to 39715

Dear Adam,

Please let me know what time you will be online and I have give you access to my system through remote terminal for you to look into the code (IF REQUIRED).

Regards,

Amjad Khan.

Amjad Khan
  •  04-28-2008, 11:39 PM 39859 in reply to 39696

Dear Adam,

I am waiting for your reply. Kindly spar some of your valuable time to answer my query.

Regards,

Amjad.

Dear Adam,

Thanks for your instant reply, but if you look into my original post detaily you will understand my problem.

I am using same code without any changes that I downloaded from CuteSoft website and also runing from same location. With only difference being that its called from two different Virtual Directory.

The original virtual directory that is currently configured for my project uses Web.config for project management. Whereas the new virtual directory pointing to CuteEditor folder does not use any web.config

When I run my project and check CuteEditor demo file, it does not give me desired output, that is copy paste from word is not same as its in the word. But, when I check the same code through new virtual directory it works perfectly fine.

Same code running from same folder location through different virtual directories is behaving differently. As mentioned in my original post, I want to know if I need to add anything in web.config file or any other place in my original project for CuteEditor to behave as it behaves when configured for standalone website.

Thanks for your support and I have been reading other posts answered by you, it's really informative and I really appreciate your patients in replying all the quires.

Thanks again...

Regards,

Amjad Khan.

Amjad Khan
View as RSS news feed in XML