Ajax Uploader and upload to remote dedicated file server ?

Last post 04-14-2008, 11:37 PM by cutechat. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-14-2008, 2:06 AM 39168

Ajax Uploader and upload to remote dedicated file server ?

Hello

I'm building a multi servers (web farm) architecture and I need to store images and videos in dedicated servers (images.mysite.com and video.mysite.com).
    the www.mysite.com server only has the asp.net files (even design css files are on static.mysite.com).
    How can I use the Ajax Uploader component in the web server, in order to upload DIRECTLY to the file server ?

Thanks ?
    Filed under: ,
  •  04-14-2008, 11:37 PM 39208 in reply to 39168

Re: Ajax Uploader and upload to remote dedicated file server ?

Hi,

please test this :

<CuteWebUI:Uploader runat=server TempDirectory="\\yourvideoserver\videofolder" />

and you can try to add such setting into web.config appSettings:

<add key="CuteWebUI.AjaxUploader.TempDirectory" value="\\yourfileserver\tempdirectory" />

that would affact all uploader controls , and override uploader's TempDirectory setting.

---

but , please remember that, the TempDirectory is for the Uploader . It only store temp files.

That means , the uploader need a temp folder. And you need copy the temp file to another place.

After you catch the FileUploaded event , you need to use args.CopyTo(newfoldername) to store the file !!

---

So I suggest you do these steps:

1. use web.config, add the CuteWebUI.AjaxUploader.TempDirectory , and set to a temp shared folder of a dedicated server.
    2. catch the FileUploaded event, and copy the file to the image/video folder.

Regards , Terry .

View as RSS news feed in XML