More Wierd Bugs. - Image resize & Freezing when accessing HTML Tab

Last post 12-01-2004, 10:07 AM by Feline2. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-30-2004, 5:53 AM 2704

More Wierd Bugs. - Image resize & Freezing when accessing HTML Tab

I have found a couple of wierd things going on , can anyone spread any light on whats happening.

1. On some large page where there is a lot of text (I'm not sure this is the reason) cute editor/IE6 freezes when I click the HTML tab, sometime I get a message box saying "
    A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly. If it continues to run your computer may become unresponsive Do you wish to continue?"

2. On annother page there is an image that is getting re-sized whatever I do, if I go into the html tab and remove the height and width atributes as soon as I go into the normal mode it just puts them back.
    A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly. If it continues to run your computer may become unresponsive Do you wish to continue?"

2. On annother page there is an image that is getting re-sized whatever I do, if I go into the html tab and remove the height and width atributes as soon as I go into the normal mode it just puts them back.
  •  11-30-2004, 5:57 AM 2705 in reply to 2704

Re: More Wierd Bugs. - Image resize & Freezing when accessing HTML Tab

Another bug I forgot to mention, is text sometime getting repeated in somewhat strange ways, what reminded me is that it has just happened to my previous post, I think
  •  11-30-2004, 6:04 AM 2706 in reply to 2704

Also sometime I get an OK/Cancel  prompt saying

{ItIsSlowThatSwitchToCode}

Any Idea where this has come from , it is a remnant left by some developer debugging cute editor code?

•  11-30-2004, 11:07 PM 2732 in reply to 2705

Feline2,

"A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly" is an IE issue.

There is a Microsoft Knowledge Base article addressing this issue: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q175500
    It's related to file size. IE will show this message if you let it load a big page. If you didn't want to change the registry as the Microsoft tip suggests, it sounds as if clicking on 'No' will be quite alright as well

>>{ItIsSlowThatSwitchToCode}

We miss this string in the lanuage files. Sorry. We will fix that as soon as possible.

•  12-01-2004, 8:23 AM 2737 in reply to 2732

Many thanks for the response

But...

I think that the script was actually in an endless loop because if you allowed it to continue (by clicking No) it would freeze and never complete. The html that was being editted was pretty messy and probably not well formed. I would send it to you to try on your system but my client has now changed it. If it happens again I will let you know and send you the html.

P.S  what should the mesage have been for {ItIsSlowThatSwitchToCode}

Many Thanks

•  12-01-2004, 10:07 AM 2744 in reply to 2737

I have found another page that exibits this problem switching to html view - can I send you the html that causes the problem?

I tried cutting and pasting into the demo editor on this website as a test and the same problem occurrs - I am sure the javascript is in an endless loop because I left it for 5 minutes and it was still sat there thinking/freezing....  
View as RSS news feed in XML