IE7 / IE6 development with IP Licence

Last post 10-23-2006, 12:56 PM by Karen. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-23-2006, 5:59 AM 23762

IE7 / IE6 development with IP Licence

Hi,

I have Cute Editor for .NET with an IP licence.

Everything has been hunky-dory re licensing on my development machine using the http://localhost style addresses.

However, since IE6 and IE7 cannot reside on the same machine, I have decided to keep a spare laptop locked down to IE6 and to use a Terminal Services session from my workstation across my LAN to test continued IE6 compability.

Of course - the website exists on my local workstation, so to access the website via the Terminal Services session I must use http://192.168.0.10/MyWebSite in the IE6 installed on my laptop (192.168.0.???) . This of course trips up a System.ComponentModel.LicenseException: The IP address in the license file doesn't match the actual IP address (192.168.0.10) of the web site

Is there any chance the IP licence file could allow use of the IANA "private address spaces" 192.168.0.0 / 8,  172.16.0.0 / 12 and 10.0.0.0 / 16 for development purposes?

Regards

John C.

•  10-23-2006, 11:55 AM 23769 in reply to 23764

Re: Developement License

HI Karen,

Many thanks for your prompt response.

In this scenario I just cannot see how a second development licence would help me.

I am NOT using the second machine to develop - but simply to view my local/development site using IE6.

I understand that we have both been handicapped by Microsoft's decision to make it impossible for IE6/IE7 to run on the same machine/IP, but as  premier .NET tool developers I am sure CuteSoft have a better strategy than requiring your users to buy additional licences - and in any case at this point I cannot understand how this will solve the problem as described.

Regards

John C.

View as RSS news feed in XML