After install..... There was no more

Last post 11-01-2004, 8:19 AM by cutechat. 11 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-30-2004, 6:34 PM 2264

After install..... There was no more

Hi,
    I’m installed CuteChat on our development server and intend to use it in our dating site. I might be wrong, but from what I read on you requirements page we need web server dot net and an sql server. That is what we have in our environment.

When installing cute, I get a choice of all kind of options where. How to install. As we use non of the options (Most of them I have no idea what it is all about) I choose the sample application setup.
    After finish the setup, a nice page show  up when we call the
    A friendly looking page that welcome us and show some chat rooms:

Chat Rooms:
    <%if(HyperLink1.Visible){%> <%}%> <%if(HyperLink1.Visible){%><%}%>
    Public Chat Room
    Support Chat Room
    Support - Console
    '><%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"name") %>
    (<%# CuteChat.ChatFactory.GetRoomOnlineCount(Convert.ToInt32(DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"id"))) %>)
    ' CssClass="supportbutton">
    <%# CuteChat.ChatFactory.HasSupportOperatorOnline((int)DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"id"))?"(Available)":"(Unavailable)" %>
    '><%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"name") %>

That’s all. I expected to have more then a static nothing doing page. Wherever I click, there is no hidden option to start the chat.
    As there is no help file or any other hint what to do, I wonder what is necessary to check out this cute chat application
    Mike
  •  10-30-2004, 11:59 PM 2265 in reply to 2264

Re: After install..... There was no more

•  10-31-2004, 12:17 AM 2266 in reply to 2265

Adam, All I see is the lady with the headset, "your company name" and  this

Chat Rooms:

<%if(HyperLink1.Visible){%> <%}%> <%if(HyperLink1.Visible){%> <%}%>
    Public Chat Room Support Chat RoomSupport - Console
    '><%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"name") %>(<%# CuteChat.ChatFactory.GetRoomOnlineCount(Convert.ToInt32(DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"id"))) %>) ' CssClass="supportbutton"> <%# CuteChat.ChatFactory.HasSupportOperatorOnline((int)DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"id"))?"(Available)":"(Unavailable)" %>'><%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"name") %>

•  10-31-2004, 1:33 AM 2267 in reply to 2266

Mike,

Please check your machine.

Make sure you installed the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 or 1.1.

Cute Chat system requirements:

Component Supported Type
    Operating System Windows XP Professional, Windows 2000 Professional, Windows Server 2003
    Framework Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 or 1.1
    Database SQL Server 2000 or MSDE

asp.net Chat http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+Chat/default.aspx
    Web Messenger: http://cutesoft.net/Web-Messenger/default.aspx
    asp.net wysiwyg editor: http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+WYSIWYG+Editor/default.aspx
    asp wysiwyg html editor: http://cutesoft.net/ASP
    asp.net Image Gallery: http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+Image+Gallery/default.aspx
    Live Support: http://cutesoft.net/live-support/default.aspx

•  10-31-2004, 7:17 AM 2268 in reply to 2267

We have .Net Framework 1.1, windows2000 sp4 and sql server 2000 installed
  •  10-31-2004, 10:56 AM 2277 in reply to 2268

Cobolet:

Could you test a url as :

?

If you DOT NOT get this screen:

Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested Url: /filenotexists.aspx

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

------------

May be the Asp.Net is not installed to IIS .

You could run
        c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe /i
        to install it .

Regards , Terry .
  •  10-31-2004, 3:55 PM 2279 in reply to 2277

Terry,
    There is no file filenotexists.aspx in the sample folders, so I get a "normal 404 error

After running this code,    c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe /I the IIS server returns this error:

Server Error in '/CuteChatSample' Application.

Login failed for user 'PC16-STAGE\IUSR_PC16-STAGE'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'PC16-STAGE\IUSR_PC16-STAGE'.

Source Error:
    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException: Login failed for user 'PC16-STAGE\IUSR_PC16-STAGE'.]
       System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) +264
       System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) +877
       CuteChat.ChatSystem.ListRooms()
       CuteChatSample._Default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

So I give up on this server and will re-install the framwork 1.1

After Installing it on another server, it works fine, with 1 exception. I  thought I installed a 30 day try-out version,  but this version will expire after 2 day’s (monday, november 1). I might not have enough time to check this out.

I have the feeling that the install set that we can download in not the correct version

•  10-31-2004, 6:28 PM 2280 in reply to 2279

It is monday november 1 and now we only see an error screen. Is is possible to install a new Trial version with a better expire date without problem???

Server Error in '/L2DChat' Application.

The license for CuteChat is not valid or evaluation copy has expired

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: The license for CuteChat is not valid or evaluation copy has expired

Source Error:

Line 25: 			
    Line 26: 			roomid=int.Parse(Request.QueryString["RoomId"]);
    Line 27: 			rm=ChatFactory.GetRoomManager(roomid);
    Line 28: 			room=rm.GetRoom(roomid);
    Line 29: 			

Source File: d:\web\wwwroot\L2DChat\CuteChat\ChatRoom.Aspx    Line: 27

Stack Trace:

[Exception: The license for CuteChat is not valid or evaluation copy has expired]
       CuteChat.Licensing.CuteChatLicenseProvider.GetLicenseInternal()
       CuteChat.Licensing.CuteChatLicenseProvider.GetLicense(LicenseContext context, Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions)

[LicenseException: Invalid License]
       System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) +264
       System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) +877
       CuteChat.RoomManager..ctor(Int32 roomid)
       CuteChat.ChatFactory.GetRoomManager(Int32 roomid)
       ASP.ChatRoom_Aspx.OnInit(EventArgs args) in d:\web\wwwroot\L2DChat\CuteChat\ChatRoom.Aspx:27
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +241
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +197

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032
  •  10-31-2004, 11:21 PM 2283 in reply to 2280

cabolet:

I am sorry about the licence file.
        What you download is expired , We have upload a new licence to the server , please re-download it .

About the connection exception , please open the web.config , and modify the connectionstring:

Change 'trusted_connection=true' to 'uid=sa;pwd=yourpassword;'
        "server=(local);uid=sa;pwd=yourpassword;...."

Regards , Terry .
  •  11-01-2004, 7:53 AM 2285 in reply to 2283

Hi,
    I download the newest release of the CuteChatsetup.msi but the result is still the same.

The license for CuteChat is not valid or evaluation copy has expired

I guess that is the normal protection to avoid having people working with a free evaluation version all the time but in the mean time we spend a lot of time to evaluate the CuteChat. I hope you have a better solution then again download a version and then have the same error again.
    Mike
  •  11-01-2004, 8:14 AM 2286 in reply to 2285

After re-start the web server, it is working, so forget the previous message

Mike

•  11-01-2004, 8:19 AM 2287 in reply to 2286

Mike :

That's good .

Have you resolved the SqlConnection problem ?

Regards , Terry .   
View as RSS news feed in XML