Version 5

Last post 12-28-2005, 4:15 PM by rcroeder. 11 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-06-2005, 10:54 PM 13490

Version 5

Hi Adam,

sorry to harrass you, but how close are we to getting ver.5?

I know you said "in 10 days" ten days ago, so are we still on schedule?

THanks
    Alex
  •  12-07-2005, 4:47 PM 13533 in reply to 13490

Re: Version 5

Adam?

•  12-08-2005, 6:12 AM 13567 in reply to 13533

Still no response...

I've posted a private message. Nothing.
    I've posted 3 posts in the forums. Nothing.

Its almost insulting that other more complicated issues get responses, while my simple queries are read, but ultimately ignored.
    What does it take to get an answer on such a simple question?

I dont think I am asking too much here, especially as a paying customer.

•  12-08-2005, 7:23 PM 13610 in reply to 13567

The forums are unmoderated and you should not always expect an answer. I will assume Adam and crew are pulling very long hours testing the new editor on all platforms and trying their best to break it. When it is out it is out or would you prefer something that has bugs?

RC
  •  12-08-2005, 7:32 PM 13611 in reply to 13610

no, i would prefer a simple 5 second response.

to say noone has time to respond is ridiculous. especially when adam does take the time to respond to other posts, often with a far more complicated query.

i'm not asking for anything special here, just simple communication.

its not hard to say "we are still working on it... another week maybe.." or "be ready in 2 days" ..  etc

how hard is that? its not hard to keep paying customers happy.
  •  12-14-2005, 9:06 PM 13915 in reply to 13611

Any update on the ETA for ver.5 ?

•  12-17-2005, 4:46 AM 13986 in reply to 13915

Another 2 days and no response.

The "new week" is now over, and no new version or replies as to whats going on...

If the product is delayed for whatever reason, at least let us PAYING CUSTOMERS know so that we can adjust our schedules accordingly. Or at least give those that require urgent fixes/updates the opportunity to use a beta version until the final release is ready.

Please respond!
  •  12-19-2005, 6:02 AM 14014 in reply to 13986

Even if the version does come out Monday, it will take me weeks of testing before I would use it. I have been bitten too many times by early deployment of software...I know my programming co worker is also on this forum..that is a hint to him.. no surprises please, well unless it is a nice xmas bonus.

I would like a better version too, I would like a version that actually tells you if the entered code is compliant or his poorly formed. I would like a lot of things, but it will take time.

RC

•  12-19-2005, 8:44 AM 14016 in reply to 14014

Well, Adam has suggested times and not only has it gone waaaay over the mark, but he never responds as to why or what the new ETA will be.

The current version is just too buggy for me. I basically have to hold back projects awaiting for this release.

The hardest part is that I tell my clients an ETA based on Adam's original posts, but then never hear anything back when that timeframe has passed. Which of course leaves me completely blind and very frustrated.

How hard is it to keep us informed?

If the product wasnt going to be ready until Feb 2006, why tell us it will be ready end of month back in Nov??
    Why tell us 10 days when 20 days later there is nothing, not even an updated ETA.
    Had they said Feb 2006 months ago, then I could have planned my projects accordingly.

Being behind schedule is one thing, but leaving us in the dark and ignoring us is just not right.
  •  12-19-2005, 4:17 PM 14027 in reply to 14016

It could be simply Adam is not allowed to tell us. His prior leaks of info may not have been fondly looked upon by management. There however should be a manor in which someone from the company could address your concerns. Since this is a public forum, I can assume they do not want to disclose setbacks to delivery schedule here.

RC
  •  12-28-2005, 6:28 AM 14192 in reply to 14027

Adam?
  •  12-28-2005, 4:15 PM 14202 in reply to 14192

Grabs some eggnog and relax...If you thing you are having issues, look at the CuteSoft ASP.Net forum and be glad the issues we have are relativly minor. The problem is releasing side by side code, as CuteSoft is doing, is that when changes to the lead product are made, they have to trickle down to the secondary product, which is us.

What exactly is you issue that is stopping you from using 4.2, that sort of got lost in the messages.

RC
View as RSS news feed in XML