Exception while testing Join/Chat Transfer

•  12-20-2007, 10:37 AM

Exception while testing Join/Chat Transfer

Hello,

We were testing out the feature to join/leave chat. I was the customer, clicked to connect. Our rep Jamie accepted the connection in his operator client. Our rep Peter then right clicked on the Customer entry and said Join. This worked, both were able to IM me (the customer). Then Jamie dropped off clicking the X in the Conversations pane. Peter and I were able to chat a few more lines, and then the system seemed to hang. The browser chat client said the server had been reset and that the chat room was closed. The MainForm in the operator app hung and then crashed. It took a couple tries to restart it.

Exception from the server:
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: String or binary data would be truncated.
    The statement has been terminated.
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
    at CuteChat.SqlServerDataProvider.LogMessage(ChatPlace place, ChatIdentity sender, ChatIdentity target, Boolean whisper, String text, String html)
    at CuteChat.ChatDataManager.e.Process(IChatDataProvider provider)
    at CuteChat.ChatDataManager.Maintain()

Exception from the client: I don't see anyqhere it gets logged.

Are there any known bugs here? Anything we did wrong on the transfers? Our goal was to test everything end to end:

Jamie Accepts customer chat
    Jamie chats, needs Peter
    Jamie PM's peter using Agent panel
    Peter Joins customer chat
    Jamie drops off
    Peter chats with customer
    Peter wants to grab Jamie to wrap up
    Peter messages Jamie on Agent panel
    Jamie joins customer chat again
    Peter drops off
    Jamie wraps up and drops off

Are we hitting anything unstable or is there anything we should avoid? Thanks,

-Andrew

View Complete Thread