Server Application Unavailable Error when clicking on the netSpell toolbar button

Last post 08-25-2005, 9:10 PM by Adam. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-25-2005, 12:57 AM 9911

Server Application Unavailable Error when clicking on the netSpell toolbar button

I have the spell checking feature running fine locally (netSpell)  When I run it on the production server I am getting the:

Server Application Unavailable

The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable.  Please hit the refresh button in your web browser to rety your request.

Administrator Note: An error message ....

This is a page that has been generated from the CuteEditor_Files dir.  The red and bold above are exactly how it is displayed.  You can not view the source of this page, it is a small modeless type window.  My server has not generated it.  The .Net Framework is installed including 1.1 - The bin dir and its contents have been placed where your set up example suggested, the same as my local machine.  I have not had the need to change any of the default paths etc..

How can I overcome this error?

TYIA

Wind is your friend
  •  08-25-2005, 1:13 AM 9913 in reply to 9911

Re: Server Application Unavailable Error when clicking on the netSpell toolbar button

Here is the error - Your product is so close to being the answer to allot of myn and my clients problems.  I need to get it working trouble free to interest other people and to avoid me having to build a spell checker that has NO client dependencies (like your product seems to have locally).  Looking forward to your reply:

Here is the two event errors in the application log.  I will try re installing the framework, what are these ACLs all about?  I am a classic ASP programmer with no .net experience at all:

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: ASP.NET 1.1.4322.0
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1084
    Date:  8/25/2005
    Time:  3:21:17 PM
    User:  N/A
    Computer: KUTRIS02
    Description:
    aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is 80070545. This error can be caused when the worker process account has insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that the .NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the installation directory allow access to the configured account.

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: ASP.NET 1.1.4322.0
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1084
    Date:  8/25/2005
    Time:  3:21:48 PM
    User:  N/A
    Computer: KUTRIS02
    Description:
    aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is 80070545. This error can be caused when the worker process account has insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that the .NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the installation directory allow access to the configured account.

TYIA

Wind is your friend
  •  08-25-2005, 9:10 PM 9926 in reply to 9913

Re: Server Application Unavailable Error when clicking on the netSpell toolbar button

View as RSS news feed in XML