Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500(Internal Server error)

Last post 08-07-2012, 8:21 AM by Kenneth. 25 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (26 items)   1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-24-2012, 4:14 AM 74210

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500(Internal Server error)

I am using ajaxuploder in asp.net. 

Its working fine in local,
    but it gives me error in live environment.,

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error).

This error comes at the end of file uploading process.

this is that control's markup.,

<CuteWebUI:Uploader runat="server" ID="Uploader1" MultipleFilesUpload="True" OnUploadCompleted="Uploader1_UploadCompleted" > 
    </CuteWebUI:Uploader>

I have done all things by the documents u have provided.
  •  07-24-2012, 7:22 AM 74215 in reply to 74210

Re: Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500(Internal Server error)

Hi ssjganesh,

Can you send me your uploader page url? So I can check it for you.

Kenneth@CuteSoft.net

Regards,

Ken 
  •  07-24-2012, 7:46 AM 74217 in reply to 74215

Re: Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500(Internal Server error)

•  07-24-2012, 9:09 AM 74221 in reply to 74217

Hi ssjganesh,

Can't access your page directly.  Can you create a simple page with the code below and put the page to the root of your site? So I can test it.

1. <%@ Page Language="C#" %>  
    3. <%@ Register TagPrefix="CuteWebUI" Namespace="CuteWebUI" Assembly="CuteWebUI.AjaxUploader" %>  
    4. <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Frameset//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-frameset.dtd">  
    5. <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">  
    6. <head id="Head1" runat="server">  
    7. </head>  
    9. <script runat="server">  
    11. </script>  
    13. <body>  
    14.     <form id="Form1" runat="server">  
    15.         <CuteWebUI:UploadAttachments ID="uploader1" runat="server">  
    16.         </CuteWebUI:UploadAttachments>  
    17.     </form>  
    18. </body>  
    19. </html>  
    Regards,

Ken 
  •  07-24-2012, 9:36 AM 74224 in reply to 74221

I give u access details.

Username: ganesh
    password:  gans

after login u just paste this url.

and then try to upload some files. 
  •  07-24-2012, 9:58 AM 74226 in reply to 74221

I have tried your code with a new page and i used simply that code but same problem.
    That error happens only on live environment.
    but its working in localhost. 
  •  07-24-2012, 11:46 AM 74228 in reply to 74226

Hi ssjganesh,

Is your site using Url Rewriting module? If yes, please try the setting below in <appSettings> of the web.config. If allow, disable the url rewrite to try again.

<add key="CuteWebUI.AjaxUploader.RewritePath" value="False" /> 

And please put my example page to the site root and send me the test url too. 

Regards,

Ken 
  •  07-24-2012, 1:16 PM 74231 in reply to 74228

Thanks man.,

I have use <add key="CuteWebUI.AjaxUploader.RewritePath" value="False" /> 
    the Internal server error is cleared but the below error coming now.

License file not found

but i have copied and pasted AjaxUploader.lic  to bin folder.

•  07-24-2012, 1:20 PM 74232 in reply to 74228

If i use ur example code means, it upload the files but after uploading it does not call any method like,
    onFileUploaded and onFileUploadingCompleted. because then only i can implement code for moving uploaded files into temporary folder and then save that files into my database.
    Or otherwise if u know how to get uploading filecount by using ur code means please suggest that for me. 

•  07-24-2012, 1:58 PM 74233 in reply to 74232

Hi ssjganesh,

How about the new example below? Does it save the upload file correct?

3. <%@ Register TagPrefix="CuteWebUI" Namespace="CuteWebUI" Assembly="CuteWebUI.AjaxUploader" %>  
    4. <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Frameset//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-frameset.dtd">  
    7. </head>  
    9. <script runat="server">  
    11.     protected void uploader1_FileUploaded(object sender, UploaderEventArgs args)  
    12.     {  
    13.         args.CopyTo("~/images/"+args.FileName);  
    14.     }  
    15. </script>  
    17. <body>  
    18.     <form id="Form1" runat="server">  
    19.         <CuteWebUI:UploadAttachments ID="uploader1" runat="server" OnFileUploaded="uploader1_FileUploaded">  
    20.         </CuteWebUI:UploadAttachments>  
    21.     </form>  
    22. </body>  
    23. </html>  
    After uploaded, you can get the uploader control attachment files count by the code below

uploader1.Items.Count

Regards,

Ken 
  •  07-24-2012, 2:38 PM 74234 in reply to 74233

ya thats ok, but can u give me an idea for this?.

I have use <add key="CuteWebUI.AjaxUploader.RewritePath" value="False" /> 
    the Internal server error is cleared but the below error coming now.

License file not found

but i have copied and pasted AjaxUploader.lic  to bin folder.

Please.... I am struggling with this concept from 2 days.. 
  •  07-24-2012, 4:16 PM 74235 in reply to 74234

try set the license location directly in <appSettings> section of your web.config

<add key="AjaxUploaderLicense" value="~/bin/ajaxuploader.lic" /> 

Regards,

Ken 
  •  07-24-2012, 11:07 PM 74237 in reply to 74235

Hi Kenneth.,

I also used this,

<add key="AjaxUploaderLicense" value="~/bin/ajaxuploader.lic" /> 

but now i am getting error like.,

System.ComponentModel.LicenseException: License file not found  

I am sure that i have that  License file in my bin folder.

I didnot purchase this i used trail version is that not a problem?. 

•  07-24-2012, 11:55 PM 74238 in reply to 74235

There is a statement in  AjaxUploader document, 
    Ajax uploader works in a hosted medium trust environment.
    But i have full trust environment, If i changed that to medium means my application gives me some error. 
    So i can't change that,  please answer my previous post. 
  •  07-25-2012, 8:56 AM 74246 in reply to 74238

Hi ssjganesh,

Ajax uploader works in a hosted medium trust environment.  means  uploader control support "Full", "High" and "Medium" settings. It does not mean you must use the Medium setting.

Put the license file to the root of your site and do the setting below. Does it work?

Ensure that your site has the write/read permission of the license file. 

<add key="AjaxUploaderLicense" value="~/ajaxuploader.lic" />

Regards,

Ken 

•  07-25-2012, 9:57 AM 74248 in reply to 74246

Thanks kenneth.,

Problem solved....

But while uploading a small image file with 5 to 10 kb getting delay to upload.
    The progress bar showing 1 to 2 minutes for uploading with small image file.

Otherwise its working good.

Can i know why its getting very late to upload, Is that issue on server side or mine? 

Thanks 1 sec for ur valuable reply to solve this issue. 
  •  07-25-2012, 9:58 AM 74249 in reply to 74246

Thanks kenneth.,

Problem solved....

But while uploading a small image file with 5 to 10 kb getting delay to upload.
    The progress bar showing 1 to 2 minutes for uploading with small image file.

Otherwise its working good.

Can i know why its getting very late to upload, Is that issue on server side or mine? 

Thanks 1 sec for ur valuable reply to solve this issue. 
  •  07-26-2012, 8:49 AM 74266 in reply to 74249

Hi ssjganesh,

Do you get the same delay problem on demo http://www.ajaxuploader.com/Demo/select-multiple-files-upload.aspx? If yes, then should be your firewall or the Antivirus prevent the upload. Maybe you can disable that and try again.

Regards,

Ken 
  •  07-26-2012, 9:00 AM 74270 in reply to 74266

Hi Kenneth.,

Now the delay problem solved, but i tested the my application in various scenario, that time i was met that same error again. 
    Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500(Internal Server error) .
    Is there any code to flush or clear the ajax uploder after uploading a file?

because i am getting this error when i trying to upload a file at 2nd time.
    For example,

I have uploading some files for a article 1st time, it uploading successfully....
    again i am trying to upload another file for the same article without go back or refresh the page ... at this time it gives me that error.

1.First upload a file and then type something in the ckEditor and click SaveArticle button and then again upload a file u will get that error. 

2.Hover on Welcome menu at the top, click EditNews and edit any article, click SaveArticle button it redirect to upload page,
       then try to upload a file, u wil get error. 

Why?

I give u access details.

Username: ganesh
    password:  gans

goto this url

after login u just paste this url.

•  07-26-2012, 2:15 PM 74279 in reply to 74270

Hi ssjganesh,

Can you try the example page below on your site? Does it get the same problem? Do not test it with ckeditor please, just try it separate.

3. <%@ Register Namespace="CuteWebUI" TagPrefix="CuteWebUI" Assembly="CuteWebUI.AjaxUploader" %>  
    4. <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">  
    7.     <title>example</title>  
    8. </head>  
    9. <body>  
    10.     <form id="form1" runat="server">  
    11.         <CuteWebUI:UploadAttachments ID="uploader1" runat="server">  
    12.         </CuteWebUI:UploadAttachments>  
    13.     </form>  
    14. </body>  
    15. </html>  
    Regards,