Issues with changing font text and size

Last post 07-13-2012, 3:49 PM by Shohel89NM. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-25-2012, 7:50 AM 74000

Issues with changing font text and size

Several of our users have reported having issues within CuteEditor when changing text font and size.

When you have multiple paragraphs of text, when you select all of the text and attempt to change the font several times (trying to find the best one) the editor begins to change only sections of the selected text. This seems to happen after using the bold option.

When looking at the HTML view, it appears to be adding style tags to only certain sections. 

I have been able to replicate this on the demo site for CuteEditor.

Steps to replicate:
    1. Enter lines of text
    2. Select text and click 'B' to bold
    3. Change font style a few times, notice all text is changed the first time, then the first 3, then the first 2, then only the first line.
    4. View HTML and note the following using 'Test' text:
    <div><strong style="font-family: Impact;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">Test</span></strong></div>
    <div><strong><span style="font-family: Georgia;">Test</span></strong></div>
    <div><strong><span style="font-family: Courier;">Test</span></strong></div>
    <div><strong><span style="font-family: Verdana;">Test</span></strong></div> 

Has anyone else seen this issue?
  •  06-26-2012, 11:23 AM 74013 in reply to 74000

Re: Issues with changing font text and size

Hi jtmunger,

I can not reproduce this issue on me end.

About the steps you provided, what is the original text?

is

test
    test
    test
    test

or just

test 

Only select the first line? Or whole text?

Can you show me the original html content? and the final html content which get from the editor? and the html content what actual you need?

Regards,

Ken 
  •  06-26-2012, 12:21 PM 74017 in reply to 74013

Hi Ken,

The original text that I entered was as follows: 

test
    test
    test
    test

which produces the following:
    <div>test</div>
    <div>test</div>
    <div>test</div>
    <div>test</div> 

Then, select all of the text, and click to bold, then unbold, change font size.  Then change the font while all text is highlighted.  Changing the font four times results in the following: (*note the number of times I changed was 4, but this is not consistent. Eventually it will only change select text resulting in html that is not desired.)

test
    test
    test
    test

<div><strong style="font-family: Impact;"><span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10pt;">test</span></strong></div>
    <div><strong><span style="font-family: Courier; font-size: 10pt;">test</span></strong></div>
    <div><strong><span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS; font-size: 10pt;">test</span></strong></div>
    <div><strong><span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10pt;">test</span></strong></div> 

If needed, I would be happy to schedule a WebEx and call with you to demonstrate the issue.

Regards,

James 

•  06-26-2012, 3:19 PM 74022 in reply to 74017

Hi jtmunger,

I followed all your steps, it works fine for me. Please check the flash movie below. If the steps are wrong, please correct me.

Regards,

Ken 
  •  07-13-2012, 3:49 PM 74133 in reply to 74000

HI,
    i agree with jtmunger is not online. Last active: 06-27-2012, 8:47 AM jtmunger . THaks for your post. 
View as RSS news feed in XML