Configuration of Editor for a folder/URL config

Last post 05-05-2011, 12:15 PM by Eric. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-28-2011, 7:06 PM 67361

Configuration of Editor for a folder/URL config

I am trying to do the following:
    1. [MyCuteSoftApp].com will be my editor website with the CuteSoft Editor configured and working. (Check, this is ready and working)

2. I need my media library to be a physical path outside that app directory on the server for storage reasons. Say [D:\Media\] with sub folders for grouping of images under that, ClassA, ClassB etc... so the physical path to my images will be D:\Media\ClassA\mypiture.png

3. When I grab one of those images to put in my content, I need to have the URL to that image be something like:

I am evaluating the product, so I am not sure I am configuring everything properly, but I cant seem to get this working exactly the way I need, so I thought I would ask if anyone could point me in the right direction for the configuration settings I would need to accomplish this or even if this is possible.

*I have a running local copy in Cassini and can get any folder under the [MyCuteSoftApp].com to work, but cant get the imagegallery set to point to anyplace else.

•  04-28-2011, 8:17 PM 67362 in reply to 67361

Re: Configuration of Editor for a folder/URL config

Hi pdaltonmcsd,

2. I need my media library to be a physical path outside that app directory on the server for storage reasons. Say [D:\Media\] with sub folders for grouping of images under that, ClassA, ClassB etc... so the physical path to my images will be D:\Media\ClassA\mypiture.png

Create a  virtual directory under you site name "myMedia" and point to the physical path you need and than set

editor1.Setting["security:MediaGalleryPath"] ="~/myMedia";

3. When I grab one of those images to put in my content, I need to have the URL to that image be something like:

Set URLType to absolute

<CE:Editor ID="editor1" runat="server" URLType="absolute">
            </CE:Editor>

Regards,

Ken
  •  04-29-2011, 9:22 AM 67377 in reply to 67362

Thanks Ken,

Couple of things (this is almost working perfectly). in a local environment I figured out a way with Cassini to create virtual directories, so I thought I would post that here for anyone who may need this:

Open a command prompt with "run as Administrator", navigate to your project directory and type mklink /D ATest c:\ATest - presto a virtual directory that windows, cassini and VS sees as a directory with read write access. (It even works with mapped drives)

So that solves 2-> totally in both environments, THANKS!

3. I kind of figured out that I need that setting... but where do I put my hook to make sure that the URL it places in content is www.myproductionwebsite.com/myMedia/file.png the site address is what I want to make sure I define that in the right place. I dont see where i can ensure that the production address is used and NOT the editor app. I hope that makes sense. I am hoping there is a property someplace I can say ContentURL=www.myproductionwebsite.com and then the image urls will be built correctly automatically for the user and will work when rendered on production site.
  •  05-04-2011, 5:16 PM 67448 in reply to 67377

Has this fallen off the table? I am still trying to make sure I know where to put the url for item 3 above. I have gotten everything working except the editor app url vs the production web site url... so when I grab an image and put it in content, the placed url is referring to production web site domain and not the editor domain. (I cannot let my users edit the source)
  •  05-05-2011, 12:15 PM 67455 in reply to 67377

Dear pdaltonmcsd,

<%@ Page Language="C#"%>
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="CE" Namespace="CuteEditor" Assembly="CuteEditor" %>

<html>
        <head>
      <title>ASP and ASP.NET WYSIWYG Editor - BaseHref</title>
      </head>
     <body>
            <form runat="server">
       <table>
        <tr> 
         <td width="20" nowrap></td>
         <td valign="top">
          <h1>BaseHref</h1>
          <p style="width:760px;">Sets or retrieves the baseline URL on which relative links will be based. </p>
          <br>
          <p>The property is set to  "www.myproductionwebsite.com" in this example.</p>
          <br>
          <CE:Editor id="Editor1" URLType="Absolute" BaseHref="www.myproductionwebsite.com" EditorWysiwygModeCss="example.css" runat="server" ></CE:Editor><br />
         </td>
        <tr>
       </table>   
      </form>
     </body>
    </html>

Thank you for asking
View as RSS news feed in XML