Editor in fullscreen mode, inside an IFRAME

Last post 07-27-2010, 6:20 PM by Eric. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-22-2010, 11:41 PM 62668

Editor in fullscreen mode, inside an IFRAME

In my application I have to display the CuteEditor inside of an IFRAME but I want it to take the whole space available. I have enabled the FullScreen mode and it works pretty well. Except sometimes the editor will take more than 100% of the available space. As a result, users only see half of the "Normal", "HTML" and "Preview" buttons. Take a look at the following screenshot for an example. Please note that this problem affects only a certain percentage of my users and therefore I think it may have to do with screen resolution and/or DPI setting and/or video drivers and/or some other factor which I believe to be machine specific.
    I would love to get some direction on how I can investigate this problem further or advice on what I should look at. I have asked my users to try http://cutesoft.net/example/FullScreen.aspx and they don't have the same problem.

Could the problem be related to the fact that I am displaying the editor inside of an IFRAME? If so, is there anything I can do to minimize this problem?
  •  07-23-2010, 4:09 PM 62683 in reply to 62668

Re: Editor in fullscreen mode, inside an IFRAME

I use the following code and cannot reproduce it:

<%@ Page Language="C#" %>

<%@ Register TagPrefix="CE" Namespace="CuteEditor" Assembly="CuteEditor" %>

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head runat="server">
        <title>Untitled Page</title>
    </head>
    <body>
       <iframe src ="fullscreen.aspx" width="100%" height="100%">
      <p>iframe test</p>
    </iframe>
    </body>
    </html>

Can you post your page code which contains CuteEditor for .NET here? we need reproduce this issue.

Regards,
    Eric
  •  07-27-2010, 5:28 PM 62752 in reply to 62683

This problem is very difficult to investigate because it's so intermitent. Not all my users are repoting it. some people experience the problem, and some people don't. I personnaly do not experience this problem. This is why I believe there must be something on the client machine that might be interfering.

I was loking for some guidance, ideas, tips or tricks to help narrow down.

Also, I think I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. This person is reporting that some buttons are pushed off the screen when the editor is in fullscreen mode. Sounds very similar to what some of my users are experiencing.
  •  07-27-2010, 6:20 PM 62755 in reply to 62752

I tested that user's code. Their specific style setting leads to that issue,  Can you tell us some clues how we can reproduce your issue?

Regards,
    Eric
View as RSS news feed in XML