Unknown Error Dialog

Last post 12-08-2011, 5:23 AM by Olaf. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-21-2010, 4:29 AM 61891

Unknown Error Dialog

Hi,

Currently one of our customers is experiening issues when uploading using the Cute Ajax Uploader.
     He can select multiple files and attach them to the upload que, once the upload is complete the triangle with the  ! appears.
    Once all the file(s) have failed he is presented with a dialogue box titled "Unkown Result" and the box is populated with the pages source code.(Image below)

He is able to upload to the demo page on the cutesoft site with no issues.

Machine is running;
    Windows XP SP3
    Firefox 3.6.3

I have the same config but can't reproduce the error, any suggestions would be helpful.

RESOLVED:  Temp folder was missing ASP Machine permissions

Filed under: ,
  •  06-21-2010, 4:10 PM 61906 in reply to 61891

Re: Unknown Error Dialog

It is really good news.

Regards,
    Eric

•  10-26-2010, 4:38 PM 64711 in reply to 61906

Can you be a bit more specific?  I have the exact same problem, except the file does actually get uploaded (not sure if you had that as well).  After the process is complete all files have the triangle warning and then a client-side alert is displayed stating "Unknown result:" and the source code for the page.

If the files is actually being uploaded successfully to the temp directory, the problem cannot be a permissions issue right? 
  •  10-26-2010, 10:27 PM 64715 in reply to 64711

Hi nokturnal,

Now,AjaxUploader has a debug mode. Please download the latest version and  test it and show me the debug information.

How to activate debug mode

Just need to add querystring UploaderDebug=1 to the end of the url.

For example, open the debug mode on our demo

http://www.ajaxuploader.com/Demo/Large-File-Upload.aspx?UploaderDebug=1

Try upload a file, the debug window (right panel) will show you all the debug info. 

Keep me posted.

Regards,

Ken 
  •  12-08-2011, 5:23 AM 71876 in reply to 64715

To whom it may concern.

We had the same issue now and then and usually solved it using one of the mentioned ways.

However, there is another cause: if you are using CuteUpload in a default document on IIS 7.5 (the homepage), the same thing happens. Adding the real file name (usually Default.aspx) will make it work.

A simple workaround is to redirect to the explicit page url.
View as RSS news feed in XML