OnUploadCompleted Event not firing after Javascript call to Page_ClientValidate returns false...

Last post 09-08-2009, 6:58 AM by tgeorge73. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-02-2009, 1:00 PM 55313

OnUploadCompleted Event not firing after Javascript call to Page_ClientValidate returns false...

We have found that the first file upload after a Javascript call to Page_ClientValidate which returns false will not fire the OnUploadedComplete event. 

Scenarios extensions:
    1) A second upload after the Page_ClientValidate function will invoke the OnUploadedComplete event.  It appears to be only the first upload after a Page_ClientValidate call that returns false to be the issue. 
    2) After the OnUploadComplete fails to fire (after a page validation issue), if the validation issue is fixed and the Page_ClientValidate function is invoked again, the OnUploadComplete event then fires without uploading another file.
    3) If the page validates fine, the OnUploadedComplete event fires normally...

This has been reproduced in FF 3.5 and IE 7 on Vista (currently under the Visual Studio 2008 web server).  Also reproduces under IIS on Windows 2003.

•  09-02-2009, 1:02 PM 55315 in reply to 55313

Re: OnUploadCompleted Event not firing after Javascript call to Page_ClientValidate returns false...

Additional info if applicable...

the Uploader is in an UpdatePanel for async operation...
  •  09-02-2009, 10:50 PM 55329 in reply to 55313

Re: OnUploadCompleted Event not firing after Javascript call to Page_ClientValidate returns false...

Hi,

I am not sure what you mean.

I tested the validation control , and the uploader works fine.

Can you post some code to descript that issue?

Regards,
    Terry

•  09-03-2009, 7:39 AM 55347 in reply to 55329

I have a zip file containing a test project (Studio 2008) that illustrates the issue, where can I send it since I do not have permission to attach files to this post...
  •  09-03-2009, 9:30 AM 55350 in reply to 55347

Hi,

Please send it to terry@cutesoft.net

Regards,
    Terry
  •  09-08-2009, 6:58 AM 55440 in reply to 55350

Any update or status on this? Were you able to recreate the issue with the sample project I emailed?
View as RSS news feed in XML