Ajaxuploader stops uploading files

Last post 07-26-2012, 4:06 AM by Killianmcc. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-23-2009, 6:15 PM 54924

Ajaxuploader stops uploading files

I'm uploading 200 files and each file is between 1 - 2.5 MB in size.  I've run the test a few times and it usually stops working around the 80th file.   I will then click "cancel upload" and it will resume for another 10 or so files and then error out again.  I wish I could post an error message but I'm not getting any.  No javascript error, no asp.net debug errors.  It just stops working.  I'm using FF 3.5.

I've run this same test in the sample #2 mvc-c# application and it fails in the sameway.  I'm running the website on my local host using visual studio's debugging.  My url looks like this: http://localhost:61208/Samples/Sample2

Thanks for your help.

UPDATE:
    When I run this test on IE8, I get a javascript alert box.  It says, "http error1 :12031:Unknown"  Unlike firefox IE8 fails for every file upload.  Nothing gets uploaded using IE8.
  •  08-24-2009, 8:39 AM 54950 in reply to 54924

Re: Ajaxuploader stops uploading files

Hi,

Thanks for your UPDATE.

The 12031 is a network/server connection reset error.

I think the task is blocked by the network or something .(So it will stop until NETWORK TIMEOUT)

We will investigating on the 12031 , and try to add a shot timeout for that condition.

Regards,
    Terry
  •  08-24-2009, 6:31 PM 54985 in reply to 54950

How do I prevent the network/server from resetting?  The sample site is running under the visual studio webserver.

After further testing the error happens in IE and FF.  I've been debugging the Sample #2 MVC C# Demo site using visual studio and IE8.  Everytime the ProcessRequest function finishes in the UploadHandler.ashx, I get an alert box on IE error code I posted earlier.

Here's the code:

1.   public void ProcessRequest (HttpContext context) {  
    2. using (CuteWebUI.MvcUploader uploader = new CuteWebUI.MvcUploader(context))  
    3. {  
    4.     uploader.UploadUrl = context.Response.ApplyAppPathModifier("~/UploadHandler.ashx");  
    5.     //the data of the uploader will render as <input type='hidden' name='myuploader'>   
    6.     uploader.FormName = "myuploader";  
    7.     uploader.AllowedFileExtensions = "*.jpg,*.gif,*.png,*.bmp,*.zip,*.rar";  
    9.     //let uploader process the common task and return common result  
    10.     uploader.PreProcessRequest();  
    12.     //if need validate the file : (after the PreProcessRequest have validated the size/extensions)  
    13.     if (uploader.IsValidationRequest)  
    14.     {  
    15.         //get the file need be validated:  
    16.         MvcUploadFile file = uploader.GetValidatingFile();  
    18.         if (string.Equals(Path.GetExtension(file.FileName), ".bmp", StringComparison.OrdinalIgnoreCase))  
    19.         {  
    20.             uploader.WriteValidationError("My custom validation error : do not upload bmp");  
    21.             return;  
    22.         }  
    24.         uploader.WriteValidationOK();  
    25.         return;  
    26.     }  
    27. }  
    28.   } 
  •  08-24-2009, 9:19 PM 54987 in reply to 54985

Hi,

I am not sure how to prevent that now. I even not able to reproduce that error currently.

I think you can try more :

1 - use IIS

2 - check the network

3 - check the network software

4 - check the virus software

Just try as simple as possible

Regards,
    Terry

•  07-26-2012, 4:06 AM 74257 in reply to 54950

Hi,

I seem to be receiving the same error on my project and notice that I also receive it when running the  MVC C# Sample 2. Any help would be really appreciated.

Killian 
View as RSS news feed in XML