Error uploading files

Last post 01-10-2010, 9:37 PM by cutechat. 25 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (26 items)   1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-24-2008, 4:04 AM 46192

Error uploading files

Hi,
    When I first trying out this component, it works perfectly well.
    Lately I encountered some permission issue, when I browsed few image files to be uploaded, an dialog box pops out to ask me enter user name and password for my proxy, if I click on cancel, i will get Error, http, 401 error. If I entered my userid & password into it (window), my browser will eventually get hang and I'm forced to close my browser away.

Please help.
    Thank you a lot, appreciate your reply.
    Filed under:
  •  11-24-2008, 4:08 AM 46194 in reply to 46192

Re: Error uploading files

I forgot to mention, I encountered this error even when I tried to use the DEMO site frm cutesoft.

One more question, may I know where the temp images stored after I have uploaded using the component?
  •  11-24-2008, 5:38 AM 46215 in reply to 46194

Now turns out become error, http, 407!
    Please help....urgent..
  •  11-24-2008, 6:15 AM 46223 in reply to 46215

Hi blueblue,

Do you use win2003? If so, please allow Anonymous access, and make sure the Anonymous user have the write permission of the

upload folder.

Regards,

Ken
  •  11-24-2008, 9:03 AM 46236 in reply to 46223

Hi Kenneth,
    I'm using winXP, my application is running under integrated window authentication.
    I faced the same problem even browsing ajaxUploader Demo site (http://ajaxuploader.com/Demo/select-multiple-files-upload.aspx), when I browse files to be uploaded, and click upload, there will be an window dialog asks for my proxy login & password.

Btw, My another question is where these images are stored? even using the demo site from cutesoft?

Please help..appreciate it.
    Thanks a lot.
  •  11-24-2008, 5:58 PM 46256 in reply to 46236

I'm experiencing this same issue.
    I've noticed that this is not just an issue with V2 but also V1.  It appears the uploader has a problem when the virtual directory is set to Windows Authentication with Anonymous access turned OFF.

I cannot run my virtual directory with anonymous turned on.  That is not a solution as my application requires domain authentication.  Is this a bug with the control or by design?
  •  11-24-2008, 6:30 PM 46258 in reply to 46256

Hi philipsma,
    If this problem is something to do with the virtual directory with anonymous turned off, then why I would face the same problem when I was trying out the Demo site from CuteSoft (http://ajaxuploader.com/Demo/select-multiple-files-upload.aspx), and I didnt experience this problem at the first place, I encountered it after a few trial.

Dear technical support, please investigate why, is it something to do with my browser setting? I'm using proxy for Internet access.

•  11-24-2008, 6:55 PM 46259 in reply to 46258

Hi Kenneth,
    I tried to use manual upload, and I found that, the line that cause this login window is when we called uploadobj.startupload();
    This is the line where it helps to post the files and store it in somewhere right? May I know where the files will be stored? I can't find any documentation regarding this method..

Please help.
  •  11-24-2008, 8:44 PM 46260 in reply to 46259

True enough I can only get the (online) demo to work the first time.  All subsequent attempts to upload a local file result in my company's proxy demanding credentials.  If I cancel the request for credentials dialog I get a 407 error (proxy credentials required).  Now this obviously could just be an issue with our proxy.

If I remove the proxy issue altogether and use the demo locally it is perfectly fine with anonymous turned on but fails with a 401 everytime I use windows authentication.  IE tells me it is connected through local/intranet so I'm assuming no proxy is in the way.  If I put valid credentials into the dialog IE locks up, cancel the auth dialog and it tells me about the 401.

Now this may or may not be the same issue as the online one but I just want to eliminate windows auth being specified as a problem.  Has the control been tested with windows auth (anonymous off)?

Thanks
  •  11-26-2008, 1:02 AM 46296 in reply to 46260

Hi everyone,

I think Flash mode do not support the Windows Authentication.

We are working on this issue and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Terry
  •  11-26-2008, 4:12 AM 46305 in reply to 46296

Thank you very much for your reply.
    Please post us an update after this, Thanks!
  •  11-26-2008, 4:54 PM 46315 in reply to 46296

I am licensed for version 1.0 of uploader but have tested this with verson 2.0 (trial) also in UploadType modes Flash and IFrame.  Both versions exhibit the same issue.
    Will a fix be provided in v1.0 as well as v2.0 or will I have to pay for an upgrade from v1.0 to v2.0 in order to receive a fix?
  •  11-26-2008, 7:41 PM 46316 in reply to 46315

I am licensed for CuteEditor 6.2, and I have tested with UploadType = IFrame, it works but not with UploadType=Flash, but too bad if we specifically put UploadType=IFrame, u will not be able browse multiple files at one time already.

So i think IFrame mode only supports single file selection but not multiple files selections. Please look into this issue.
    Thank you.

•  11-27-2008, 3:17 AM 46329 in reply to 46316

Hi blueblue,

We have a update, please download the lastet version and try again.

Download:

http://cutesoft.net/downloads/folders/21904/download.aspx

Regards,

Ken

•  01-02-2009, 5:16 PM 47374 in reply to 46329

We are having the same issue: Win2003, Integrated Windows Authentication, Allow Anonymous turned off.  It prompts for credentials and the upload fails.
  •  01-02-2009, 5:39 PM 47375 in reply to 47374

Setting the UploadType to "IFrame" solves the problem, but when I tried with a large file, I got Maximum Request Length Exceeded, which is the error we used to get when using the standard asp.net FileUpload control with large files.

What are the limitations of using the IFrame upload type?  Does the entire file get loaded into server memory on postback?  We won't be able to live with that as some of our files will be quite large.  Please advise.

Thanks,
    Brad
  •  01-02-2009, 6:10 PM 47376 in reply to 47375

More on this:  If I monitor available server memory while uploading a big file, at the very end of the upload, available memory goes down the same amount as the file size.  So it seems the file is indeed being loaded into server memory at the end of the upload process.

Any other options?  
  •  01-05-2009, 10:29 AM 47412 in reply to 47376

so it seems this just doesn't work with intranet sites (e.g., integrated windows authentication) hosted on W2K3

the iframe mode ends up loading the file into server memory, which won't work for very large files

if you can figure out another solution, let us know
  •  02-20-2009, 8:35 AM 49043 in reply to 47412

Anyone get error please download the control and try again.

And please check this thread: KB - Uploader recent changes , SSL,NTLM etc

We have do many thing on that issues recently.

If some one still get error in the last version ,

Please post a new thread on this forum,

So I can handle it clearly.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Terry
  •  03-27-2009, 12:21 PM 50369 in reply to 47412

We had the same problem, it was just a proxy problem. Put your server IP in proxy exceptions, and it should work.
Page 1 of 2 (26 items)   1 2 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML