Cute Editor won't load when SSL is enabled in DNN 4.8.3

Last post 11-07-2008, 4:01 AM by Kenneth. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-03-2008, 3:12 PM 45341

Cute Editor won't load when SSL is enabled in DNN 4.8.3

We have DNN 4.8.3.  We have the cute editor on some of our web pages.  The cute editor works great.  However, on one of our web pages we need to enable SSL.  As soon as we enable SSL the cute editor will not load (we receive a javascript error - object doesn't suport this property or method).  Please note the cute editor is part of a form on the module/page.

We contacted live chat and they recommended downloading the newest version of the software.  We did this.

We also searched through the forums for what to do and per this support forum:  http://cutesoft.net/forums/post/21786.aspx  removed the cute references in our common.config file

Just wondering if you have any other suggestions for us on paths that we could go down to try to resolve this issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!  Thank you!!

•  11-04-2008, 8:01 AM 45371 in reply to 45341

Re: Cute Editor won't load when SSL is enabled in DNN 4.8.3

Hi Rachael_VanderVelden,

I tested editor on DNN 4.083(enable SSL), it works for me.

Is your website online? If so, Can you set up ftp access and send the URL of your website to me.

Regards,

Ken
  •  11-05-2008, 9:21 AM 45419 in reply to 45371

Hi Ken!!

Our website is online.  Here is a test page --> https://www.wishrm.org/RachaelsPage.aspx.

The Position Description field is where we are trying to use the cute editor.  Please note if you view this in IE7 you will so no cute editor buttons and you will not have access to the editor.  If you view this in Firefox 3.0 you will see buttons but you will not have access to the editor or buttons.  If I turn SSL off then you would have access to the buttons and editor in IE and Firefox (right now SSL is on).

Our site is hosted by a different company so I am unable to give you ftp access.  However, if you send me your email I can send you any source code you would like.

Thanks!
    Rachael VanderVelden
  •  11-07-2008, 4:01 AM 45500 in reply to 45419

Hi Rachael,

Please set FTP access of your site and send it to me.

My E-mail:Kenneth@CuteSoft.net

Regards,

Ken
View as RSS news feed in XML