Embed into VB page

Last post 04-03-2008, 2:34 PM by tfox. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-02-2008, 1:28 PM 38579

Embed into VB page

I currently have a vb page that I would like to embed cutechat into, but the instructions seem a little limited (from what I have found).  Does anyone have sample code on how to embed the chat window into a vb.net 2.x or 3.x web page?

I have added the following code to my page...

<%@ Register TagPrefix="CuteChat" TagName="EmbedChannel" src="~/cutechat/cutesoft_client/cutechat/embedchannel.ascx" %>

<script>

//set up the parameters

Embed_Location='Lobby'

Embed_LocationId='1'

</script>

<CuteChat:EmbedChannel id="EmbedMessenger1" runat="server"></CuteChat:EmbedChannel>

When I try to open the test page I get the following error since my page is written in vb

Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'CuteChat.ChatCtrlBase'.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Control Language="c#" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="CuteChat.ChatCtrlBase" %>
                Line 2:  <%@ Import Namespace="CuteChat" %>
                Line 3:  <script runat="server">

Source File: /cutechat/cutesoft_client/cutechat/embedchannel.ascx    Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433
  •  04-03-2008, 11:06 AM 38638 in reply to 38579

Re: Embed into VB page

Ok, apparently it doesn't have to do with the page written in vb VS c# because I created a c# page with the same problem.
    I'm guessing it has to do with me trying to pull the cutechat from a page in a different directory than the cutechat software is loaded.  I have tried adding the <add key="CuteChat.DataDirectory" value="~/cutechat/cutesoft_client/cutechat" /> key to the web.config file, but it still doesn't seem to help.

Anyone with any suggestions?  I'm running out of time to try and get this to work.

Thanks ahead of time.
  •  04-03-2008, 1:38 PM 38649 in reply to 38638

tfox,

It looks like the .net framework cannot find the CuteChat.dll.

Please copy this DLL to the bin folder of the current application.

asp.net Chat http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+Chat/default.aspx
    Web Messenger: http://cutesoft.net/Web-Messenger/default.aspx
    asp.net wysiwyg editor: http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+WYSIWYG+Editor/default.aspx
    asp wysiwyg html editor: http://cutesoft.net/ASP
    asp.net Image Gallery: http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+Image+Gallery/default.aspx
    Live Support: http://cutesoft.net/live-support/default.aspx

•  04-03-2008, 2:34 PM 38653 in reply to 38649

Adam,
    Unfortunatly, this didn't help. 
    Now i'm getting there following error pasted below.

Also, to give you an idea what  have going on, my site is all programmed in vb (yeah, yeah, I know, lol).
    2nd, We are trying to embed the chat app into a web page that is displaying a web cam for some live drawings we will be doing.
    This way we can actually answer any questions viewers may have.
    The web cam pages are under folder /webcam
    The chat app is under /cutechat/cutesoft_client, /cutechat/bin, etc
    The chap app works fine when I visit /cutechat/embed.aspx, but with them being under different folders it just doesn't seem to want to embed into my web cam page.  I had thought about copying the stuff from the /cutechat/web.config file into my root web.config file but that's something I dont' want to undertake unless I have to but from what i'm seeing by the erros that i'm getting, i'm going to have to move the chat app to the root directory and merge the web.config files. 

Any other suggestions?  We have one of our drawings comeing up next week so we were hopeing to be able to use this then

Server Error in '/' Application.

ChatSystem not installed

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: ChatSystem not installed

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[Exception: ChatSystem not installed]
                CuteChat.ChatSystem.get_Instance() +57
                CuteChat.ChatApi.GetStrings(String culture) +8
                CuteChat.ResourceContext.LoadResources(CultureInfo ci) +48
                CuteChat.ChatCtrlBase.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +42
                System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +25
                System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +121
                System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +22
                System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +199
                System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +20
                System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +7
                System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +25
                System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +121
                System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +199
                System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +59
                System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.Render(HtmlTextWriter output) +68
                System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +37
                System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +7
                System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +26
                System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2558

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433
View as RSS news feed in XML