Why do the .net guys get a free upgrade and the classic ASP guys have to pay????

Last post 05-07-2007, 10:08 PM by mat41. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-07-2007, 6:22 PM 29299

Why do the .net guys get a free upgrade and the classic ASP guys have to pay????

Good day

on 16th April I recieved an email regarding the .NET version re-write.  It said:

'All users of the previous version of Cute Editor are entitled to a FREE UPGRADE.

Download page:

Today I recieve the classic ASP re-write email.  Considering all the bugs and problems in the classic version, why do we have to pay for the upgrade?  There is a clear paper trail of my many issues, your atempt to fix them and your failure to address clear, simple questions.  I can bring them to the top of your pile if you want.  As I have previously said, you are aware your editor got withdrawn from our production environment.  Adam - You are also aware it failed in our SOE....

You say in your classic ASP email:

'We also add many new features and fixed many bugs'

Many bugs indeed! - Why do the .net guys get a free upgrade and the classic ASP guys have to pay?????  Its just bad business

Wind is your friend
  •  05-07-2007, 7:29 PM 29307 in reply to 29302

Re: .NET version free upgrade

Interesting....

Adam offered me my money back because of the failure of the editor in our SOE, money back is not what I was after.  The fact you guys have a spell checker with zero client side dependancied is the only reason I persisted posting my many many issues.  The ones he felt comfortable answering he did, others he ignored.

Let him know mat41 is asking for a compensation upgrade.  He will remember our significant correspondence, he even threatened to remove my posts - however factual, they were damaging to your credibility.  He did not remove them in the end.  This would have been damaging to your guys reputation based on the many many who saw them.

'If you can upgrade your whole site .NET platform, you will join this free trend as well. There is always some advantage to go on with the new tech'

We are talking about business systems on a Defence Classified Network.  This SOE can not be changed!  Thankyou for the development advise however I am not in the business of re-writing a system which is trouble free.  Is .net still 'new tech'? 

I will not waste my time digging up the posts I speak of, we all have better things to do.  Please run my request by Adam, this I would appreciate.

Wind is your friend
  •  05-07-2007, 8:43 PM 29314 in reply to 29312

I think you mis undertood me.  I did not mention my environment to get treated unlike others.  This was mentioned as an explanation why it is not an option to cut over to .net - how you made your assumption suprises me very much, especially when I read my post again.

Anyhow - is Adam in the more technical forums?  I would prefer to keep my correspondence out of private email bins.  As you say, I am a customer, I wish to ask you to notify another colleague of yours to this post.  Can you do this?  or do you insist I chat with him outside your forum?

Wind is your friend
  •  05-07-2007, 10:08 PM 29318 in reply to 29317

Thankyou.  As I said previously I am not looking for something free of charge.  I am asking the question:

Based on my history and posts highlighting the issues our SOE had with your classic ASP product -   All things considered, would there be grounds for a compensation upgrade.

By asking if Adam could be informed of this requst, I do not undervalue your time.  He is aware of the full history and is in the best position to determine if this request is reasonable.  I do not asume he is in a position, if waranted, to grant or deny my request.  He is simply aware of the history and was directly involved in all the communication.

Thankyou for your time and passing on my request.

Wind is your friend
View as RSS news feed in XML