each room different skin / how cn i make new skins

Last post 10-06-2004, 12:07 PM by cutechat. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-27-2004, 5:58 AM 1912

each room different skin / how cn i make new skins

Hi

working on a pa install for the cutechat, have it completely working but was wondering right now you need webconfig editing to set skins for the chatrooms.

Does this realy need to be in webconfig because i have requirements whwe i need to give each room a different skin, is this possible yet? right now we cant have a pink skin room and green skin room

also wat are the exact specs and measurements to make your own skin like macblue emacwhite etc?

armand
  •  09-27-2004, 9:51 AM 1914 in reply to 1912

Re: each room different skin / how cn i make new skins

to: nokiko

We add the skins support for the CuteChat1.1

We are now working on that  ,  and we would release it for the CuteChat2.0 .

Regards , Terry .
  •  09-28-2004, 3:04 AM 1928 in reply to 1914

mm ok

so for this version of my dnn pa, there is no need for me to look into multi room skinning because that is just not possible now and that that will be integrated in cutechat 2.0?

right now I have all the webconfig editing managed programmatically by a dnn admin module so I can keep that in for now.

When will the 2.0 version be rleased
  •  09-29-2004, 3:33 AM 1946 in reply to 1928

mmm  well my dnn full pa install is done

whats with this error in your appllication ( both on my own version and your site ) when browsing in firefox

Server Error in '/' Application.

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS1501: No overload for method 'Connect' takes '2' arguments

Source Error:

Line 5:  
    Line 6:  //Connect the chat room !
    Line 7:  string onlineid=Manager.Connect(CurrentUser,Request.UserHostAddress);
    Line 8:  
    Line 9:  string querystr="?roomid="+RoomId+"&guestname="+HttpUtility.UrlEncodeUnicode(CurrentUser.NickName)

Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cutesoft.net\wwwroot\cutechat\ChatRoom_FS.Aspx    Line: 7

<!-- Inject Script Filtered -->
  •  09-30-2004, 2:34 AM 1950 in reply to 1946

mm the support can be better, im wating a few days now and still no reply
  •  10-04-2004, 7:08 AM 1988 in reply to 1950

hallo is the support even alive here??????????
  •  10-04-2004, 10:21 AM 1990 in reply to 1946

I am sorry about that .

Please modify the ChatRoom_FS.Aspx , and change this

Line 6:  //Connect the chat room !
    Line 7:  string onlineid=Manager.Connect(CurrentUser,Request.UserHostAddress);
    to :

string onlineid=Manager.Connect(CurrentUser,Request.UserHostAddress,null);

Regards , Terry .

•  10-04-2004, 10:29 AM 1991 in reply to 1990

ok thanks will try this later.

what is the eta on 2.0 features since now I have created a full installable DNN pa out of this ( online web.config editing ) and i have it running I have cleint on suportals that want skins in there own setup, so rooma = macblue and roomb = macwhite etc

is there any documentation on how we can design our own themes, im sure its a mteer of replaceing thegraphics in the folders of like macblue etc, but what are the widh and height specs,  can i make a new direcptry drop in graphics and then reference in web.config?

thanks
  •  10-06-2004, 12:07 PM 2009 in reply to 1991

I maked a mistake.

please change
    Line 7:  string onlineid=Manager.Connect(CurrentUser,Request.UserHostAddress);
    to :
    string onlineid=Manager.Connect(CurrentUser,Request.UserHostAddress,null).OnlineId;

We haven't write document for the skinning yet .
    If you want to create your owner skin , the main steps are:

1. Create A folder to : CuteChat/Skins/YourFolderName
    2. Create style.css and layout_ie.js , you could refer the samples
    3. Set it to the web.config : <skins defaultFolder="YourFolderName">

the function InitializeChatLayout(skinfolder) is to creating layout table , and add the elements into the table .
    You could find the element name in ChatUI_IE.ascx , such as 'divtop' ,' divmessagescontainer',''divroomtitle','divbottom'... etc

Regards , Terry .

View as RSS news feed in XML