Performace issues, major problem.

Last post 10-06-2004, 12:01 PM by cutechat. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-06-2004, 8:20 AM 2006

Performace issues, major problem.

Hi !

I have integrated cutechat on BigBrother site in Croatia. We have huge traffic on site, so our problem is now slowed by adding more servers. Since Cute Chat is not designed to run on more than one server it becomes major issue.

Currently we have 57000 users registred give or take few thousands.. Since cute chat is integrated to use users from our database getting unique user list is newer ending operation, so i have disabled that, by modifying sqldataprovider.

public override string[] ListUserUniqueName()
    {
            using(SqlCommand cmd=CreateCommand())
            {
                cmd.CommandText="select RTRIM(username) as username from siteusers union select RTRIM(username) as username from aclusers";

return SqlDataAccess.ExecuteStringArray(cmd);
            }
    }

This now returns empty string array.

Next issue is connecting to chat, and getting number of users in chat rooms.. when too many users requests entrance to chat we experience processor load 100% on 2 processor system with 2gb of memory (I don't know exact specs).
    This allows only 50-70 users to enter chat, with god only knows how may is trying to enter chat and guess what (DoS).

My question is:
    1.) How can I restrict number of users per room to say 50
    2.) How can I redirect users from chat when my user limit reaches maximum

Please, can you provide any solution to these two issues, this is quite urgent  :(

Next issue is more of cosmetic nature,
    When 15 or more users connects to room, user list on right side streches chat ui. what can I do to fix that, I have already tryed to put scroll bars on user list but than user list is smaller (with scrollbars) than area reserved for user list.

Thanks for your support.

•  10-06-2004, 12:01 PM 2008 in reply to 2006

Re: Performace issues, major problem.

Dear gljubojevic :

The cutechat will cache the result of 'public override string[] ListUserUniqueName()' for 10 seconds .

I am sorry that there is no such option for 'max online user count' limitation currently .

And The CuteChat is really diffical to implement for Cluster System . (But we would try that for CuteChat2.0)

We recommend you deloy the chat application as chat1.yourserver.com chat2.yourserver.com .....

And you could adjust the configuration setting :
    <cuteChat  UpdateMessageInterval="1000"  UpdateOnlineInterval="20000" />

May be set the UpdateMessageInterval to 5000 would helps a lot .

Hope this helps ..

Regards , Terry .
View as RSS news feed in XML