When version 6.0 becomes availble?

Last post 04-13-2007, 11:25 PM by Adam. 104 replies.
Page 2 of 6 (105 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-04-2007, 8:28 PM 27136 in reply to 27024

Re: When version 6.0 becomes availble?

Maybe it's new version 6 that inserted your message 11 times :D

•  03-05-2007, 10:29 AM 27157 in reply to 27134

Thanks for the update Adam. I appreciate making sure things are stable before they are released. Please keep us up do date on any further delays.

Jason
  •  03-06-2007, 3:59 AM 27177 in reply to 27134

Wonderful, can't wait for it to arrive!!

Is there a "new features/bug fixes" list available so we can see what to expect?

•  03-06-2007, 9:00 AM 27183 in reply to 27177

I am waiting for it too.   I believe the product will bring up supprise and it must be full of new features. 
    Even though it was delaied a few times,  I personally support Adam to make (and keep) this one the best in rich html editor list.

I believe it is now and in the future.
  •  03-08-2007, 1:08 AM 27242 in reply to 27134

Adam:
    We're VERY sorry for the V6 delay. We're embarrassed by it and I take full responsibility for it. We're still working final testing of V6 and we need one more week to make sure that the upgrade process is smooth before releasing to the public..

Thanks for your patience and we appreciate the passion surrounding V6. Believe me: there's no one on Earth that wants the new V6 to be released more than I do. But we can't release it until it's ready.

Well Adam, you might be embarassed, I am geting tired of the excuses and delays. This version better blow my sock off, else there are other editors out there that support the Microsoft Ajax framework.

The weeks came and went as the months came and went. How can we believe anything you say at this point?
    Again and I reiterate, it is a petty as CuteEdit was (since 5.3 has a lot of issues)  a great product, but that does not compensate for bad service, sorry.   
  •  03-08-2007, 7:13 AM 27245 in reply to 27242

I also hope the new version comes out soon, but (and this is directed at parentpj) give the poor chap a break.  He is dealing with two major changes to his target audience (IE7 and Microsoft AJAX) and thus has much to do, and very little time to do it.  That said, Adam, don't let my easygoing spirit slow you down.  Call out the extra testers and rise to the challenge.  We will love you for it.
    Filed under: , ,
  •  03-12-2007, 1:28 AM 27364 in reply to 27245

vanderar,
    I work for a corporate that has a "corporate" licence, in my world if you say it's going to be delivered in September 2006, it better be delivered in September 2006. It is now March 2007, 6 months after the initial annoucement. I also have dead lines and clients to satisfy. I thought I was being rather patient considering.
  •  03-12-2007, 5:25 AM 27365 in reply to 27364

We're in that space too...waiting for the new release of cute editor before we push out a tonne of projects...we're at the end of that one more week too - been holding my breath for quite a while now!!
  •  03-12-2007, 8:58 AM 27368 in reply to 27365

The problem is of course, that once the new version comes out, we're going to have to adapt our code to work with it, delaying us further. I would have thought that being this close to the release date, that there would at lease be a beta we could start using. It may not be completely stable, but that's the point of a beta.
  •  03-12-2007, 10:28 AM 27373 in reply to 27368

It seems like one more week is not enough.
    I agreed that at least beta should be released.
    I used ComponentArt product for a while and they do release beta version before they release the final version so everybody will know its a beta and it might have an errors but have time to change they code.
    Even if it will be final release it will always have errors since nothing is perfect.
    So I guess if we could have a beta to work with for now it could give you more time for testing and we could see that there is some work done and its not just promises of next month or next week.

•  03-13-2007, 4:55 AM 27394 in reply to 27373

A beta version would be nice...

It would also be nice if we could hear from Cute again now we're at the end of that one more week to know whether it's going to be another one more week...
  •  03-13-2007, 5:45 AM 27395 in reply to 27368

Ady:
    The problem is of course, that once the new version comes out, we're going to have to adapt our code to work with it, delaying us further. I would have thought that being this close to the release date, that there would at lease be a beta we could start using. It may not be completely stable, but that's the point of a beta.
    Ady, I was assured by Adam that the upgrade is to be seemless. Then again I was, in the same discution, also assured that CuteEdit 6.0 was going to be released no later than the 15th of February 2007.
    olegkap:
    It seems like one more week is not enough.
    I agreed that at least beta should be released.
    I used ComponentArt product for a while and they do release beta version before they release the final version so everybody will know its a beta and it might have an errors but have time to change they code.
    Even if it will be final release it will always have errors since nothing is perfect.
    So I guess if we could have a beta to work with for now it could give you more time for testing and we could see that there is some work done and its not just promises of next month or next week.

olegkap, I agree, I have also been using the "growing" Component Art suite and found that they keep to their deadline and keep me informed. Their betas are generaly of a good quality and their answer time very low (like couple of hours). And they will be coming out with an HTML editor shortly... Need I say more?

As far as a BETA of CuteEditor 6 is concerned, it should of been made available 6 months ago. 

All of this is unfortunate, I (and my company) have been a loyal user of CuteEditor and other CuteSoft products for many years. In all fairness CuteEditor was the best editor of it's kind for many years. It seems that through nothing else then a lack of service and support, this is no longer the case.

We live on the bleeding edge of technology and we can not have a supplier lag behind.
  •  03-13-2007, 11:10 AM 27403 in reply to 27395

"All of this is unfortunate, I (and my company) have been a loyal user of CuteEditor and other CuteSoft products for many years. In all fairness CuteEditor was the best editor of it's kind for many years. It seems that through nothing else then a lack of service and support, this is no longer the case.

We live on the bleeding edge of technology and we can not have a supplier lag behind."

What is the best editor today?
  •  03-14-2007, 2:54 AM 27414 in reply to 27403

Mr Adam, will you be able to response and give a definite & confirm delivery date for the CuteEditor Ver 6.0?

Really pity to those who have waited since September 2006. I abit fortunate who just got to know about the possible release in the month of Mar07. But, please do not end me up in a state where I will wait for another 6 months or so, for the possible release of Ver6.0.

I am not sure, if there's any kind of business strategy or tactics being played, to delay the release in purpose. I hope this is not the case, as I believe alot of people out there is very eager to have the Ver6 released.

I have not purchased the item yet. I will only wait till the ver6.0 release, then I may consider to purchase it if there's not much bugs found. Truly, I am very positive with your product Cute Editr .NET, and I have played with a few out there, that your editor is one of the best that I have experienced.

Even if the date is like May07, for example, at least please very firm to say out that "It will be released on 1st May07." Do not give us empty hopes again. It does not benefit in terms of the sales of your business. It will only scares off potential customers, which I could be one of them.

Last but not least, I wish that the release could still be on the month of Mar07, which will accomodate to the launch of my application.

Thanks & May Ver6 release soon!
  •  03-14-2007, 4:27 AM 27415 in reply to 27403

vanderar:

What is the best editor today?

vanderar, I think that CuteEditor may sill be, however Telerik has also got a one and it has most the features of CeteEditor as well as full Microsoft AJAX Framework compliency. Also I am eager to see what Component Art's one will be like.

I think CuteSoft is in for a shock from the competition. Particularly if they do not release on time and give better support.
  •  03-14-2007, 4:56 AM 27416 in reply to 27415

Guys,

We are still working hard on Version 6.0. The core code of the current version is written in 2004.  Right now we are building a new framework.

1. With this new framework, the application will load much faster.

2. It is also fullly compatible with Ajax, IE 7. 

3. Version 6 also brings many new features (it will take competitors lots of time to copy them)

4. Opera is supported.

5. Safari support is improved.

6. An advanced tag detecter is introduced.

7. More methods and more APIs are available.

We will provide a detailed list when Version 6.0 is out.

The developement and testing of the whole new framework is more complicated than we thought.

I am very sorry for the delay.

But we are very close to finish it.  We will do everything to make sure we can publish it on next monday(March 19).

If it still contains bug by that time, we will put a download link and an online demo.

asp.net Chat http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+Chat/default.aspx
    Web Messenger: http://cutesoft.net/Web-Messenger/default.aspx
    asp.net wysiwyg editor: http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+WYSIWYG+Editor/default.aspx
    asp wysiwyg html editor: http://cutesoft.net/ASP
    asp.net Image Gallery: http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+Image+Gallery/default.aspx
    Live Support: http://cutesoft.net/live-support/default.aspx

•  03-14-2007, 10:28 AM 27420 in reply to 27416

We have used your API's to integer the file-handling with our MS-SQL.
    Will the new "API's" be fully backwards compatible?
    Or will we have to redo it from the beginning?
  •  03-18-2007, 10:34 AM 27486 in reply to 27416

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the update, now I understand why it is taking so long. A classic sofware engineering mistake, a good read of Joel should help sort you out. (written in 2000 but still relevant today)

"We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand."

Thanks,
    Ady
  •  03-19-2007, 6:52 AM 27497 in reply to 27416

Adam,

Adam:
    But we are very close to finish it.  We will do everything to make sure we can publish it on next monday(March 19).

If it still contains bug by that time, we will put a download link and an online demo.

Are you still planning to publish 6.0 version today as you planned on March 19(even if it has bugs) or we have a new date?

Thanks,
    Oleg

•  03-20-2007, 1:05 AM 27522 in reply to 27416

Adam:

Today is the 20th and where is it?
    No further comments...
Page 2 of 6 (105 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
View as RSS news feed in XML