ASP version vs. ASP.NET version, and XHTML compliance

•  08-24-2005, 7:41 AM

ASP version vs. ASP.NET version, and XHTML compliance

Hi,

I am seriously considering using Cute Editor for ASP for all of my projects, I have however a couple of points I would like to clarify:

- The ASP.NET version appears to have specific functionality to allow people to author content using Cute Editor that complies with the W3C Accessibility standard. This does not appear, or is at least not advertised as such, to be available in the ASP version.
     - Under features and benefits of the ASP version it lists: The ability to choose between HTML 4.01, and XHTML 1.0 output. Is this XHTML 1.0 Transitional, or XHTML 1.0 Strict.
     - I have read this forum, and seen a couple of posts to do with problems with the output to XHTML specifically with the ASP version. (Apparently the ASP.NET does this server-side, whereas in the ASP version this is done client-side). What exactly is the problem? And is an update planned to remedy the problem in the forseeable future, e.g. next 6 months?
     - Lastly, are there any other significant differences between the ASP, and ASP.NET version. Also, will the ASP version continue to be developed to the same extent as the ASP.NET version.

Comments on any, or all of the above points will be much appreciated, thank you,

Simon

View Complete Thread