Few peculiarities and bugs with RTE for net_vb

•  01-11-2013, 5:31 AM

Few peculiarities and bugs with RTE for net_vb

Hi

I'm playing with the text editor in Visual Studio 2010 using ASP.NET framework 4 and notice a few pecularities compared with the text editor here on the support site.  I'm using IE9 in compatibility and normal modes.

1. Firstly, if have a blank editor, when I type the first character, a space is immediately inserted after it and then any additional typing happens after the space so it appears "t est".  The code view shows exactly the same. 
      Interestingly when I press the first t in the example above, the statistics immediately show 1 word and 6 characters but as soon as the control loses focus, this becomes 1 word and 2 characters.
      In CuteEditor v6.6, a space was always added to the end of the content when it was saved and I'm wondering if this is trying to do the same thing dynamically but not moving the cursor back before any further typing?
    2. If you set "initialfullscreen : true" in the config.js file, when the editor is loaded it triggers the TextChanged javascript event.  This also happens if you don't start in full-screen and then press F12.
    3. Really miss having CTRL-left arrow and CTRL-right arrow to navigate!
    4. I just found entering this that if you have an ordered list like this one and select just this last line and then press the ordered list button you would expect it to only change the currently selected list item back to a normal paragraph but instead it removes the ordered list from all list items, not just the selected one.

Hoping some of these items can be resolved as while there are a number of great new features that we'd love to start using, there are still too many bugs and missing basic features to fix.

Cheers 

View Complete Thread