Re: Non-admin operator not connecting

•  11-08-2011, 10:20 AM

Re: Non-admin operator not connecting

Hi Ken,

Sorry, I don't understand your reply.  The system errors if a record does not exist in the CuteSoft4_SupportAgent table for a user which is non-admin.  This is read by the operator client when the user logs in. 

Do you mean that there is a way of adding operators to the system if you are logged in as an admin user?  I have tried to add an operator by right-clicking the department and selecting 'Add agent to this department'.  However, when I did this, the user drop down was empty and if I typed a name in there, a blank userid was created.

In my case, I have managed to produce a workaround.  Within the provider, I now insert a row to the CuteSoft4_SupportAgent table in the ValidateUser method, only if the user is valid and not an admin user (the client app inserts the record automatically for admin users).  This prevents the client from falling over and it opens correctly with the rights of a non-admin operator.  I don't like inserting in to or modifying data tables used specifically for third party components, so this is not an ideal solution.

Please let me know if I am missing anything or my workaround would cause any issues.

Thanks.
View Complete Thread