Re: MaxImageWidth has no effect

•  11-26-2010, 12:04 PM

Re: MaxImageWidth has no effect

Eric:
    I uploaded two files which are 1024*768, all are changed to 555*333 after uploaded.

Hi Eric,

I'm not having any trouble making the images smaller.  It's making them the same size as the original image that seems to be the problem.  All of my images are 800x534, and I want them to display at exactly that size.   At first I tried this:

<dotnetgallery:gallerybrowser id="dotnetgallery1" GalleryFolder="~/images/2010/" runat="server" Layout="gridshow" Width="600" AllowPostComment="true" MaxImageWidth="800" MaxImageHeight="534" />

But it still displayed the images at 576x385.  Please try uploading images that are  800x535 and then displaying them in the popup at that exact size. 

What would be perfect is an attribute called something like ResizeImage, which, when set to false, leaves the images at their original size with
    absolutely no resizing at all.  "MaxImage....." seems to imply that it won't let the image go any larger than that size, but it won't necessarily force the image to be that size either.  This is really a great gallery tool, but I'd like more control over the size of my images when displayed on screen.  When I upload them, they are already exactly how I want them to be displayed and I'd love it if this gallery tool didn't second guess what I've already done.

Thanks,

Casey
View Complete Thread