Re: aspnet_merge error due to duplicate type 'EditorLoadHandler'

•  02-18-2010, 1:31 PM

Re: aspnet_merge error due to duplicate type 'EditorLoadHandler'

Adam.

According to your post, as well as doing a live chat with "Eric", it appears there should only be one Load.ashx file which is located under CuteSoft_Client\CuteEditor.  However, as I have demonstrated in my screenshots above there is an additional Load.ashx file located under
    CuteSoft_Client\CuteEditor\Dialogs.  I removed the Load.ashx under CuteSoft_Client\CuteEditor\Dialogs per my chats with support.  This resolved my original merge issue; however, I am now experiencing a loss of functionality.  The following is a screen shot of what I seen when using the insert link button now:

I am unable to use the "Browse" button or resize the window.  So, this leads me to believe that the duplicate Load.ashx is in fact needed.  Now I am back to my original issue with the merge.  To overcome this I have now renamed the conflict in the second Load.ashx file to the following:

%@ WebHandler language="C#" Class="EditorLoadHandler1"  %>
    /* class="CuteEditor.LoadHandler,CuteEditor,Version=6.6.0.0,Culture=Neutral,PublicKeyToken=3858aa6802b1223a" */
    public class EditorLoadHandler1 : CuteEditor.LoadHandler
    {
    }

The addition of "1" overcomes the duplicate type conflict.  However, I am not sure if there will be any other issues that arise.  Is this an acceptable workaround?  Do you have a solution yet?

View Complete Thread