Re: EditorOnPaste questions

•  02-09-2010, 2:50 AM

Re: EditorOnPaste questions

I have a bit more time to look through the different options and browser and give you a better bug report now so here it comes;

PasteText
    When you paste text into the editor, all HTML formatting is stripped except for paragraph marks.
     ---
    This is the option I want (and I think many many other CuteEd users/distributors want). Other sites and text editors add a lot of thrash and we just want plain text with the <p> tags in tact to maintain line breaks where needed!

Now here is a small recorded movie of me using your example site with PasteText in IE7, FF, Chrome and Safari:
    Results:
    - Safari and Chrome: leave A LOT of junk in place.
    - IE strips everything and uses <BR /> for the linebreaks (no <P>).
    - FF strips everything and just leaves you with plain text.
    Not a single browser gives the desired result!!

The other options I've tried have the same issues with browsers acting different and always leaving a lot of junk HTML and CSS in the code!

I also tried the ASP demo version and PasteText makes an even bigger mess out of it there but PasteCleanHTML works pretty nice in that version!

Now you might think I'm just bitching about something stupid, but anyone buying your product to use it in an CMS system of their own and with any client who cares about how their site looks will have these problems and in the past I've seen the onPaste behavory of editors being the main reason why my previous employer switched from editors many times!

I'd really love to hear weither or not this is something you guys are (or will be) working on, since atm I'm forced to process the HTML code after the editor has submitted it and make an atempt to strip it myself, however I don't have the time (or I'm not given the time) to completely fix this issue properly!

Thanks in advance,

Ruben de Vries
    Hoppinger Developer

View Complete Thread