Using existing membership information + chat + Allow Anonymous= Error!!!

•  12-01-2009, 2:52 AM

Using existing membership information + chat + Allow Anonymous= Error!!!

I've successfully integrated the messenger into our website with our existing database.
    I'm able to add, remove, block contacts in the cute web messenger to my database and its working very well, so im pretty sure im getting there.

But when i try to use the cute chat using annoymous login, it prompts error.
    And im pretty sure its these two methods that cause the problem:
    1.   myCreateDataManagerInstance.GetContacts(ByVal identity As ChatIdentity) as As IChatUserInfo()
    2.   myCreateDataManagerInstance.GetIgnores(ByVal identity As ChatIdentity) As IChatUserInfo()

I'm not very sure how to return the IChatUserInfo() when "ChatProvider.Instance.FromUserId(identity.UniqueId)" gives me an empty string (therefore no contacts or Ignores can be found).
    Even i return "nothing", it will cause an error:

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] CuteChat.ChatPlaceUser.RenderContactInfo(IChatUserInfo info, String msgid) +26 CuteChat.ChatPlaceUser.d() +122 CuteChat.ChatManager.AddPlaceConnection(ChatConnection conn) +54 CuteChat.ChatManager.InternalConnect(ChatIdentity identity, ChatCookie cookie, NameValueCollection nvc) +1448 CuteChat.ChatManager.Connect(ChatIdentity identity, ChatCookie cookie, NameValueCollection nvc) +18 CuteChat.ChatAjaxHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData) +1440 System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute() +100 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +173

Please help, thanks

View Complete Thread