CuteEditor in asp.net Gridview - not saving updated text

•  10-06-2009, 12:22 PM

CuteEditor in asp.net Gridview - not saving updated text

I have a link in a gridview to open up a CuteEditor dialog inside a div in an ajaxpopupextender modal.  Everything works fine and it appears as if the update text persists when I close the dialog (i'm just setting my OKcontrolID to a button in the popup div - no post back is occuring at thsi point).  When I actually update the record, it's still pulling the old data and not updating the new text that i entered.  I dont want to have to click save and cause a post back for the data to save (which i did try anyway and it did not work). 

In my update method I have something like this:

Editor editFeatured = (Editor)productsGrid.Rows[e.RowIndex].FindControl("EditFeaturedHTML");
    in my aspx page in my edittemplate I have this:

<CE:Editor ID="EditFeaturedHTML" runat="server"    Text='<%# Bind("FeaturedText") %>'
                                                    AllowPasteHtml="true" EditorWysiwygModeCss="~/CMS/css/EditMode.css"
                                                    Height="500" Width="480" AutoConfigure="Simple"  />

Am I missing something there? Do I actually have to save the data and cause a post back, can the edtitor just read what the new text value is after modification. 

I tried using the AJAX control toolkit's HTML editor but it took way too long to load - that's why I went with cuteEditor.  with the Ajax editor, I was able to save the data in the HTML editor without a postback.  I could just close my popup div and that was that, it acted like a textbox control.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Filed under: , ,
View Complete Thread