Re: Insert image using Firefox 1.0 on Mac

•  04-12-2005, 6:02 AM

Re: Insert image using Firefox 1.0 on Mac

Okay so I uploaded the new version and now I am experiencing a different error. The error occurs on both Mac and PC and on both IE and Firefox.

My web application tages page content out of a MS SQL database and displays it in the editor for editing. However the editor is replacing certain characters in the content with #[number]:

< replaced by #1
    > replaced by #2
    o replaed by #5
    O replaced by #6
    s replaced by # 7

etc...

The funny thing is that when I save the editor text property back to the database or read the editor text property it is the correct html string, the only problem is that in both the normal, html and preview screens it looks like weird. For example

Database html string:

<h1>Log On</h1><p>Please enter your username and password and then click 'Log On'. If you are not a refocus member click the&#160;membership link to the left to read about the benefits of membership.</p>

Editor text property:

<h1>Log On</h1><p>Please enter your username and password and then click 'Log On'. If you are not a refocus member click the&#160;membership link to the left to read about the benefits of membership.</p>

Text that appears in normal html, and preview:

#1h1#2L#5g #6n#1/h1#2#1p#2Pl#9a#7#9 #9nt#9r y#5ur u#7#9rnam#9 and pa#7#7w#5rd and th#9n click 'L#5g #6n'. If y#5u ar#9 n#5t a r#9f#5cu#7 m#9mb#9r click th#9#3#0160;m#9mb#9r#7hip link t#5 th#9 l#9ft t#5 r#9ad ab#5ut th#9 b#9n#9fit#7 #5f m#9mb#9r#7hip.#1/p#2

Any ideas why this is happening?

Bruce
View Complete Thread