Re: Root Image Directory in DNN 3

•  03-31-2005, 10:42 AM

Re: Root Image Directory in DNN 3

Hi Adam,

Sorry  I missed this one.. The issue still exists in the latest .06 release.  The RootImageDirectoy property doesn't seem to get populated by the PortalSettings call.

After stepping through in the debugger, its jumps to the 'ELSE" branch of the IF statement, as _RootImageDirectory has somewhere been populated to be a default setting of c:\inetpub\wwwroot... whereas it should be completely different (ie point to the portal root, such as ...\portals\0\for example)

This can be demonstrated by the error received when openign the image gallery from the editor.

By changing the initial class declaration in the provider it seems to work fine. ie, change:
    Private _RootImageDirectory As String
    to
    Private _RootImageDirectory As String = PortalSettings.HomeDirectory

This has occured in a few different installs in our environment so didn't think it would be unique to us. I'm thinking perhaps that  the Property declaration you've listed above is a carryover from an older version of DNN.  I can't see any reason why PortalSettings.HomeDirectory wouldn't suffice..

More info:
    DNN 3 installed into Virtual Directory on Win 2003 (same error occurs on XP)
    Occurs with Friendly URLS on or Off

View Complete Thread