Re: Unable to find the uploaded file in directory

•  02-06-2009, 6:46 PM

Re: Unable to find the uploaded file in directory

Adam,

It took me a while to get to it, but I did download the Ajax Uploader and added it along with one of the sample aspx pages to the same project.
    I had the exact same results:
    uploading a small (<200K) file worked fine (got confirmation in the "server trace" textbox)
    uploading a large file (1.8M pdf in this case) got a progress bar and info that were stuck at 0 bytes (Uploading Guide.pdf.  - KB of  - KB at  - KB/s;  -  seconds remaining) eventually followed by the message "Unable to find the uploaded file in directory : ..."

I noticed another thing - I have been doing most of my testing with firefox. In IE, small files work, and with large files the progress bar and progress info line appear and do not advanced but rather than eventually showing the "Unable to find the uploaded file" message, IE most of the times just completely freezes and has to be killed from the task manager.

TO MAKE THINGS WORSE...
    I decided to apply the change you mentioned a few days ago to revert to the "old way of uploading files" by adding the UploadType="IFrame" attribute to the various CE:Uploader tags in the CuteEditor dialogs.

It did change the interface so that I am presented with a "File Input" style browse button and are able to select a single file only but once I select a large file (>200K) the progress bar appears.
    This time, it DOES start moving but after a very short time gets stuck at 48kB: "Uploading Disclosures.pdf. 48.00 kB of 1.78 MB at 1KB/s; 1960 seconds remaining"
    it does not move beyond the 48kB mark and since it never completes my file is never added to the correct folder and even with this workaround in place my users still cannot upload files!

The upload problems in this new version of CuteEditor are becoming a huge liability for me at this point...
    Please HELP...

View Complete Thread