CuteEditor in user control (ascx) sometimes doesn't save.

•  03-21-2005, 2:39 AM

CuteEditor in user control (ascx) sometimes doesn't save.

I have a page with CuteEditor control.  All ie and gecko browsers save fine on both Mac and Windows.

On another page,  I have CuteEditor inserted into a user control,  which is included into the parent page using the <% Register ... directive.  This page has problems saving on Mozilla, Netscape, and Firefox on both Windows and Mac.  On Windows IE,  everything works great with this child control. 

The problem maybe lies somewhere within the child control on gecko browsers, because ASP.NET renders the IDs of child controls with the control name's prefix,  it possibly messes something up with the a reference within the CuteEditor template code.  And maybe because of this,  the new text isn't posted back to the page.  Upon postback of this page, the text on the server side is the previous state's text,  resulting in no change reflected.

On a side note,  the GetDocument() javascript doesn't work on any Gecko based browser, on both Windows and Mac.

I can send you a login/pw to see for yourself.  Just give me an email to send to...

Thanks.

View Complete Thread