Re: MS Word bullets not recognized

•  01-29-2009, 5:48 PM

Re: MS Word bullets not recognized

Just a couple of things on what you said

1. If I choose confirm Word the dialog only appears by clicking the paste icon or by right click and paste, not Ctrl + V
    2. There is no "No" option only insert or cancel,
    3. If I choose insert the text is "supposedly cleaned", there is actually no difference and is entered which is not what you want to see.
    4. If I choose Cancel, obviously there is no text entered
    5. so I used Ctrl + V which pastes anyway without showing a dialog box.

This is the result you want to see.

<p style="margin-left: 54pt; text-indent: -18pt;"><span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: Symbol;">·<span style="font-family: &quot;Times New Roman&quot;; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 7pt; line-height: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></span><strong><span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: Arial;">First bullet point: size 12, arial font and the whole sentence is bold.</span></strong></p>
    <p style="margin-left: 54pt; text-indent: -18pt;"><span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: Symbol;">·<span style="font-family: &quot;Times New Roman&quot;; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 7pt; line-height: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></span><span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: Arial;">Second <em>bullet point</em>- size 12, arial font and the words “bullet point” is in italics.</span></p>
    <p style="margin-left: 54pt; text-indent: -18pt;"><span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: Symbol;">·<span style="font-family: &quot;Times New Roman&quot;; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 7pt; line-height: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></span><span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: Arial;">Third <strong>bullet point</strong>- size 12, arial font and the words “bullet point” is in bold.</span></p>
    <p style="margin-left: 54pt; text-indent: -18pt;"><span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: Symbol;">·<span style="font-family: &quot;Times New Roman&quot;; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 7pt; line-height: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></span><span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: Arial;">Fourth <u>bullet point</u>: size 12, arial font and the words “bullet point” is underlined.</span></p>
    <p style="margin-left: 54pt; text-indent: -18pt;"><span style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Symbol;">·<span style="font-family: &quot;Times New Roman&quot;; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 7pt; line-height: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></span><span style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: &quot;Times New Roman&quot;;">Fifth bullet point: size 16, and the font is times new roman.</span></p>

It is really worth nothing the difference between some of these key combinations and fixing because it is a pain for developers to work with.

For instance
    If i try and trap the Paste command in order to do some custom filtering, using CuteEditor_OnCommand, there are differences in behavior if i use the ctrl + v or right click paste, depending on the EditorOnPaste setting. If it's "default" then Ctrl + V is not ignored, but if it is set to "PasteWord", bot ctrl + v and menu paste are trapped. However they result in different outcomes, the editor on paste for instance strips word bullets completely, whilr ctrl + v does nothing. It's too difficult to work with. you need to decide on a consistent strategy and implement it.

View Complete Thread