Re: Support for Oracle?

•  12-05-2008, 6:49 AM

Re: Support for Oracle?

Hi.

I've been trying to make cutechat work with an Oracle database.
    The steps I have been taken is to

A.Down load and install CuteChat. Seems to work fine. I Get an error message '
    explaining that it cannot find the sql-server database.
    Wich is perfectly in order while there is non present.

B.According to the instructions in Document/CuteChatdeveloperguide.chm
    I down load http://CuteSoft.net/download/CuteChat3IntegrationPackage.zip.
    I unzip the package and follow the instructions in the
    Upgrade_From_Previous_Versions.txt file.

C. Step 3(Overwrite CuteSoft.Chat.dll with new version.) is not possible to do while there is no
    CuteSoft.Chat.dll to overwrite. However i drop the CuteSoft.Chat.dll in the bin directory anyway.

D. Step 4 (3. REMOVE the EasyHttpZipModule entry in your web.config.) is not possible either while there is no
    EasyHttpZipModule  entry in the web.config file.

E. I replace <configuration queryProviderName="SqlClient"></configuration> with
     <configuration queryProviderName="OracleOleDb"></configuration>

While trying to browse the application it keeps complaining over that there is SQL Server present.

It seems to me that after performing all steps in the cutesoft documentation it should at least try to
    connect to an Oracle database instead of a SQL server. But it does not work.

Also the CuteSoft.Chat.dll is of version 3.1 all the other dll:s is of version 5.0 wich leads me to belive that
    i'm trying to run an integration package made for uppgrading 3.0 to 3.1 on a solution that is 5.0.
    Where can I get the correct files??

F. After trying your suggestion in previous reply:

<add key="DatabaseType" value="OracleOleDb" />
    <add key="ConnectionString" value="Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;Data Source=orcl;User Id=sysman;Password=admin;"/>

i get this error message:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Keyword not supported: 'provider'

Here is the stack trace. It seems to me we have an installation of Cutechat 5.0 but the only installatin package
    for Oracle provided by you is for version 3.0. 

[ArgumentException: Keyword not supported: 'provider'.]
       System.Data.Common.DBConnectionString.ParseInternal(Char[] connectionString, UdlSupport checkForUdl, NameValuePair& keychain) +1133
       System.Data.Common.DBConnectionString..ctor(String connectionString, UdlSupport checkForUdl) +114
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionString..ctor(String connectionString) +12
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionString.ParseString(String connectionString) +95
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.set_ConnectionString(String value) +11
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection..ctor(String connectionString) +158
       SamplePortal.Components.UserData.GetAllUsers() in C:\CuteChat\5.0 Integration\cutechatstandalone\Web\Components\UserData.cs:190
       _ASP.memberlist_aspx.ShowSortData(String sOrderBy) +31
       _ASP.memberlist_aspx.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +31
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +739

Regaeds Örjan

View Complete Thread