'Object doesn't support this property or method' error shown when using the Spell Checker

•  11-07-2008, 3:56 PM

'Object doesn't support this property or method' error shown when using the Spell Checker

I am using CuteEditor version 6.2 for .NET and when I press the 'ABC' spell check button I get just a JavaScript error stating: 'Object doesn't support this property or method' Line: 1 Char: 1.

The funny thing is in a simple app I have this functionality working just fine, but when I implement it in my actual bigger project I get that JS error.  I have all the dictionary files in the /bin folder, the NetSpell.Spellchecker.dll, proper license file, and CuteEditor .dlls, and my custom config toolbar XML file too and it still does not work.  I thought it might be because of AJAX or being inside an Update Panel, but I tested that in my smaller project and it still worked.

Could anybody offer a suggestion as to why that error may occur for the Spell Checker?

P.S. My other toolbar buttons in the editor work fine.  Below is the HTML:

<td align="left">

<hr id="hrWYSIWYG" width="100%" size="1" color="blue" runat="server" visible="true" />

<asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="WYSIWYGEditorReq" runat="server" Display="Dynamic"

ControlToValidate="WYSIWYGEditor" ErrorMessage="**Please add text content to the WYSIWYG editor.**" />

<CE:Editor ID="WYSIWYGEditor" runat="server" Width="650px" Focus="false" BorderColor="#68757F"

ConfigurationPath="~/CuteSoft_Client/CuteEditor/Configuration/CustomToolbars.config"

EditorBodyStyle="font-family: Arial" >

<FrameStyle BackColor="White" BorderColor="#DDDDDD" BorderStyle="Solid" BorderWidth="1px"

CssClass="CuteEditorFrame" Height="100%" Width="100%" />

</CE:Editor>

</td>

</tr>

View Complete Thread