Re: Windows Hang when Using Replace All to Perform Specific HTML Tag Replaces

•  11-06-2008, 2:50 PM

Re: Windows Hang when Using Replace All to Perform Specific HTML Tag Replaces

Hi Adam,

We re-downloaded the latest Cutesoft code and rebuilt. Strangely, I see a different behavior now. Now, I get the following when I set "Find what" to <li> and "Replace with" to <li><h4> under the editor when in HTML mode using Firefox 2.0:

And when I try a Replace rather than a Replace All, it replaces <li> with <li><h4> as I would expect, but it then changes the same string to <li><h4><h4> if I click Replace again without clicking Find Next. And then <li><h4><h4><h4>, etc..

This is a better behavior than the endless loop script hang situation. It also matches how your demo page now works.

I'm dependent upon a Ukrainian development team for build updates, etc. (and they're asleep now) so don't know the answer to the following question.. Did you change the code on the download page even though it still has a Date Added date of 08-07-2008?

I ask because when I tried a find/replace on your demo page two days ago (like that described above), it worked fine and executed all of the replaces only once. However, now when I try the replace all, it returns the same pop-up that I see locally, i.e. "Please use replace function."

Thanks,
    Bill
View Complete Thread