Relative links, Absolute links, Default links - not getting correct links on images unless modify the HTML

•  09-12-2008, 2:36 PM

Relative links, Absolute links, Default links - not getting correct links on images unless modify the HTML

I am using CuteEditor 6.0 for ASP.

I have set up the editor with a folder inside of CuteEditor_files called 'userimages' where I place all of the images to be used in the editor.  The page that I am modifying with the editor sits one folder (PageFolder) closer to the root folder:
    root/.../Folder1/PageFolder/CuteEditor_files/userimages
    In the page where I use the editor I have included a path to the userimages folder - editor.ImageGalleryPath = "../userimages/" which works beautifully and all of the images are coming up when I use the editor tool bar for inserting an image or looking at the image gallery.  However, when I select an image and insert it into the editor the image is not visible no matter what value I use for editorURLType.  For all instances the link created points to the wrong folder.

For the siteRelative setting it gives me "/root/...Folder1/userimages/" as the path.

For the Absolute setting it gives me "http://domainname.com/../Folder1/userimages/" as the path.

For the Default setting it gives me "../userimages/" as the path.

Essentially, even though the Image Gallery and the Insert Image tool have no problem finding the graphics, when the image is inserted into the page it does not have the correct path no matter what I do and I have to manually change the HTML to get it correct.  I've had to make the editor.ImageGalleryPath a ../ type path because the popup windows need to move back a folder to get the image.  But it seems that this ../ path is causing the editor itself to back up 2 folders when generating the path to the image. 

Is there some other setting that I can use that applies to just the editor and not to the popup windows?

Any suggestiong would be appreciated.
View Complete Thread