Problem with setting up a default font for the editor text area

•  06-15-2008, 7:29 PM

Problem with setting up a default font for the editor text area

I have a problem setting up the default editor font for the text area.  After searching the forums, I found two properties mentioned that should help me do this.  EditorWysiwygModeCSS and EditorBodyStyle.

First I tried setting the EditorWysiwygModeCSS to point to a stylesheet (Editor.css).  The editor.css file has the textarea style defined as follows:

TEXTAREA

{

font-size: 10pt;

color: black;

font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial;

}

When I go run the page, it shows verdana by default in the font dropdown.  However, as soon as I click on the text area, Times New Roman is selected.  Times New Roman is not specified anywhere in the stylesheet (nor in any stylesheet in the project).

So then I tried to use the editorbodystyle property as below (put in the page.load event of the asp.net page)
    edtField10.EditorBodyStyle = "textarea { font:normal 12px arial; }"

Same thing happens when I run the page.  Verdana is shown by default but when I click on the textarea, times new roman is selected.

I then tried both solutions combined, still no luck.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

PS Hopefully if you guys answer with a question and I reply to it you would answer back again.  My last few questions were answered with a question and when I replied back it was left unanswered after that (which defeats the purpose of asking the back up questions to begin with). 

View Complete Thread